gunnercooke Christmas Reading List 2014
It’s that time of year again…
Struggling to think of New Year’s resolutions? What to buy the team for Secret Santa? How to relax by the fire over the holidays?
Choose a good book!
Here are our recommendations for the best business reads for Christmas 2014:
- Influence (Science and Practice) by Robert Cialdini, professor of psychology. This book explains in clear practical language why we become persuaded. A great insight for those who sell and those who negotiate and buy.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker. Anything by Drucker is classic and this is no exception. Innovation is a discipline, as is entrepreneurship. Neither require genius. This books shows how.
- Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath. This book takes the lid off one of the great mysteries of life i.e. why and how we absorb information. The authors cleverly use compelling analysis and entertaining anecdotes to show how we can make our ideas register with others.
- Tales from the Top by Graham Alexander. Christmas is a time for reflection and this will definitely help you to do that, with winning tips from a leading business coach.
- Beyond Performance by Scott Keller and Colin Price. The McKinsey consultants offer groundbreaking advice on how your organisation can beat the odds.
- 100 Great Business Ideas by Jeremy Kourdi. Another book that will help you to reflect. Perhaps 2015 is the year that you will eventually take your own advice and follow that dream that you have had for umpteen years.
And for that lighter but still productive read try The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone; a captivating and fun read on the enigma that is Jeff Bezos.
Next to read
2014 saw a number of notable civil fraud cases decided by the English Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. gunnercooke Partner Laurence Katz’s review on these has been published in the current issue of Fraud Intelligence, which…
Sign up to the Reading Room