Employment and PensionsWe help you to get the best from your people
Our Employment and Pensions team works with senior HR professionals, Heads of Legal and Finance Directors and pension scheme trustees in the private, public and third sector. We help our clients to manage their workforce and comply with their legal obligations by giving authoritative and commercial advice, recommendations and solutions to the whole range of employment and pensions law issues.
As a result, we enable our clients to get the best out of their people, and to manage and operate their pension schemes effectively whilst worrying less about legal compliance and risk. In short, we empower our clients to get on with their day job.
We’re a sounding board for senior directors; we’re comfortable taking the emotion out of difficult people decisions. We are always calm, professional and discrete. We’ve worked with some of the world’s largest employers, and we never forget that even the biggest people projects can require an individually tailored approach.
In relation to pension schemes, we are experienced in providing legal and practical advice to employers and to pension trustees in relation to scheme funding, changes to pension schemes, member queries, automatic enrolment, pension scheme documentation, and all regulatory compliance matters.
We focus on:
- Getting the best from your people
- Helping you to manage risk
- Providing valuable legal and regulatory advice in relation to pension scheme matters
We advise on:
- Contracts, policies and procedures
- Service agreements and board level disputes
- Settlement agreements
- Restructuring and business change
- Atypical working
- Performance management, sickness absence management, discipline and grievance
- Employment tribunals
- Restrictive covenants and protecting confidential information
- Changing and closing pension schemes
- Drafting pension scheme documentation
- General legal compliance and communications to members
- Scheme funding
- Scheme governance
- Pension terms and conditions and interpretation of trust deeds and rules
- Legal compliance of pension scheme documentation, scheme changes, communications and funding