"Alastair is clear, responsive, and constructive, and well-liked by clients...we consider he is a tested, sound and experienced adviser who enhances our own client service.” - Jackie Eley, Technical Director, Concept Group Limited
What he's best at:
Alastair specialises in tax advice, planning and tax controversy work, for corporate and individual clients. He has advised leading banks, and owner managed businesses, and dealt successfully with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries and settlements. In addition, he has set up and advised fund management businesses, property funds and investment structures, and high net worth individuals.
Who he works for:
- Banks and financial services businesses
- Property businesses
- Fund management firms
- Venture capital firms
- High Net Worth individuals
- Trustee corporations
"We have known Mr Wilson for 20 years and collaborated with him on many tax and commercial issues; we believe he is amongst the very highest quality barristers in London in his area of expertise." - Theo Phanos, Founding Partner, Capeview Capital
“Alastair Wilson has advised us on the establishment and operation of family trusts, pension schemes and share plans. We have found him to be clear, responsive, and constructive, and well-liked by clients. We have also found that his analysis has been confirmed by tax authorities. We consider he is a tested, sound and experienced adviser who enhances our own client service." - Jackie Eley, Technical Director, Concept Group Limited
- Tax structuring and strategy for the Canary Wharf development project.
- Design and agreement of International Pension Plans for executives at many banks, and agreement of these plans by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Structuring of fund management businesses as limited liability partnerships or companies and conversion between the two alternative structures.
- Sale of an interest in a fund management firm to a major international bank.
- Structuring of a fund for investment in South American real estate.
- Settlement of a transfer pricing and trading in the UK enquiry into a fund management group, conducted by HM Revenue & Customs International Division and specialists, with no additional UK tax liabilities.
Previous Law Firms:
- McDermott Will & Emery
- GSC Solicitors LLP
- Cambridge University (B.A., LLB)
- Barrister (1977 call)