What she's best at:
Carol is a highly skilled and experienced corporate and commercial lawyer with more than 25 years experience advising businesses both in the UK and internationally. She combines excellent legal and problem solving skills with a pro-active, commercial approach to delivering exceptional services to clients.
Carol has a diverse corporate practice covering cross border and domestic M&A, technology transactions, commercial law (including agency, distribution, franchising, supply chain management, privacy and data security), joint ventures and strategic alliances, shareholders’ disputes and corporate governance. She has worked with clients from many sectors, including automotive, technology, tourism, hospitality, PR and marketing, civil engineering, property development and investment.
Who she works for:
- Management teams
- Technology companies
- International corporates
- Negotiating complex framework, service provider and licence agreements for the provision of e-procurement systems to English and Scottish government agencies and US corporates for a specialist software provider.
- Advising a technology start up with a novel imaging and data retrieval process for use in automotive online sales operations.
- Providing advice on distributorship, licensing and general commercial matters to a UK distributor of security technology to public sector and private companies in the Caucasus and West Africa.
- Advising consultants to a group of high net worth individuals on lobbying and government relations services in the UK and US.
- Advising a water filtration system technology provider on the acquisition of IP rights and the development of strategic alliances and its international representative network.
- Advising a major European motor manufacturer on the re-establishment of a sponsored dealer program in the UK.
- Advising the management of a motor dealership group on an MBO and subsequent start-up ventures, business and assets acquisitions and commercial agreements.
- Acting on the acquisition of a substantial UK restaurant group
- Advising on the disposal of a European tour operator by its Spanish owners to the Thomas Cook Group.
- Delivering corporate governance, M&A, regulatory and commercial contracts advice to a number of UK tour operators.
Previous Law Firms:
- Crowell & Moring MNP
- McGuireWoods London LLP
- Bircham Dyson Bell LLP
- Bower Cotton
- College of Law Guildford, Law Society Finals
- University of Wales, LLB (Hons)