"Charlotte has negotiated and concluded recording and publishing agreements for me. It was a pleasure to work with Charlotte who provided a personal and efficient service. Her straight-talking, down to earth manner coupled with her knowledge and experience put me at ease." Simon Dine, composer, producer
Charlotte is passionate about music and has experience drafting and negotiating contracts in all areas of the music, media, broadcast and entertainment industries. She also advises on setting up new labels, ventures, companies, businesses including drafting shareholder agreements, partnership and LLP agreements.
She also supports clients on protecting and limiting Intellectual Property rights, and drafting and the negotiation of assignments and licenses regarding copyright.
Who she works for:
- Music Managers/Producers
- Music Publishers/Record Labels
- Media and entertainment industries
"Charlotte worked with me during very difficult times after my husband (Ewan MacColl) died. Our company, Ewan MacColl Ltd, needed expert advice on reclaiming copyrights, finding ‘lost’ royalties, and so on. Charlotte was always there, background and foreground, efficient and cheerful. It wasn’t only her knowledge and her attention to detail – it was her attitude, her ability to change course when the wind changed … and that smile. The music industry is an ever-changing, ever-difficult field and it needs experienced professionals who know how to work in a team and have no trouble with keeping up with the pace. Charlotte is one of those." Peggy Seeger, folk singer, songmaker, activist
"Throughout my time working with Charlotte, I was very impressed by her professionalism, thoroughness, consideration and calm, especially when dealing with difficult antics from the 'other side'. I would be very keen to have Charlotte on my team should I need it and would have no hesitation in recommending her." Roger Dean, Artist.
- Negotitaiting and succesfully completing contracts for both emerging and established Artists/Musicians with independent and major Music Publishers, Record Labels (including EMI, Sony, Chrysalis) and Film/TV production companies (including Icon Films, Lichen FIlms).
- Negotiating and successfully completing copyright assignments and licences for Ivor Novello and Grammy award winning Musicians and Composers.
- Legal advisor to established Artists in relation to large-scale copyright infringement.
Previous Law Firms:
- Jens Hills & Co Solicitors / Jens Hills LLP: Music, Media and Intellectual Property Specialists.
- EMI Records, London
- Jeff Wayne Music Group Limited, London
- Manchester Metropolitan University – LPC
- MMU / The College of Law – PGDL
- University of Liverpool – History BA Hons