“Chris has a mental ability that quickly processes detail and returns a response that shows not only his legal prowess, but also a pragmatic and commercially astute mind. He cuts to the chase with little drama” Rob Pratt, Owner at the Other Person
Chris has spent over 25 years dealing with a range of commercial disputes. His experience includes; contracts for the supply of goods and services, construction issues, intellectual property matters, share owner and partnership fall outs, restrictive covenant and other employment contract claims.
He has represented clients in the High and County Courts in Leeds, Manchester and London (including; Mercantile, Chancery, ‘Intellectual Property and Enterprise’) and is an experienced advocate with a keen interest in legal costs.
Chris regularly advises client regarding injunctions and other emergency remedies and has also been involved in health and safety and other regulatory issues.
He regularly advises clients regarding alternative dispute procedures including; mediation, expert determination and direct negotiation.
Chris' approach is client focused, with an emphasis on finding cost effective and proportionate solutions. He is a regular speaker on commercial contract issues to industry groups.
Chris has also worked overseas, including, Switzerland, Spain and the Isle of Man.
Who he works for:
Well known PLCs, and large and smaller enterprises, involved in a range of sectors, including;
- Construction and civil engineering;
- Food manufacture,
- Commercial waste management,
- Recruitment consultants,
- Schools and universities,
- Transport and logistics,
- Solicitors and other professional advisors.
“Chris absorbs the detail and sets out clear options and recommendations”. John Quinn, Owner Westminster Controls Ltd
“Chris brings a high level of skill, experience and sheer hard work which make him exceptional” Peter Hunt, CEO Wastecare Group Ltd
“Our success was down largely down to the fact that Chris knew his stuff better than the lawyer on the other side” John Graham, MD at DSS Automatic Doors Ltd
“London quality at Leeds prices” Clifford Herbertson, owner Paradigm Global Partners.
"Chris is a knowledgeable and highly engaging speaker, with the ability to educate and entertain." Simon Jones, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- Saved client £6m in a dispute regarding deferred consideration arising out of a share purchase agreement.
- Acted for a successful party in one of the first cases on cost budgeting to go the Court of Appeal.
- Defended Yorkshire based pharmaceutical company against intellectual property claim brought by global giant Phizer.
- Successfully struck out £6.9m claim against defendants arising from allegations of conspiracy to defraud.
Previous Law Firms:
- 2010- 2016 Partner, Commercial Dispute, Schofield Sweeney LLP
- 1990- 2010 Partner, Commercial Dispute and Regulatory, Ford and Warren, Leeds.
- College of Law, Chester.
- University of Staffordshire.
- Salts Grammar School.