"Christine is a highly effective litigator - she knows the job well, gets to grips with the essential issues and can explain the legal aspects lucidly. She gets results and I have no hesitation in recommending her as a lawyer." Brian Spence BTMR
What she is best at:
Christine is recognised as a heavy weight Dispute Resolution lawyer. She is the litigation lawyer who does not like going to court. Her objective is to use every rule in the book (and she has) to get a result for her clients within an agreed budget and timescale that will enable people in business to continue to run their companies without the distraction of a law suit. With a background in England and Hong Kong with National and City of London law firms, she brings invaluable experience and insight into every case however big or small.
What she advises on:
- Shareholder and Partnership issues;
- Director issues;
- Real Estate disputes;
- Deals that go wrong (such as breach of warranty claims) and;
- Professional Negligence against Accountants, Surveyors, Insolvency Practitioners and Lawyers.
Who she works for:
- Owner managed businesses
- Property owners and developers
"I have received support from Christine over a number of years and grown to know her as a focused and hardworking litigation solicitor with a great eye for detail, positive attitude and practical outlook. Most of all however she has an ability to make complex issues simple enough to enable me to make good decisions." Graham Morrell CEO Flowmax
"Christine is what all solicitors should be but rarely are - proactive, commercially aware and results focused. She is always the only choice for any kind of litigation of acrimonious disputes as we know she will proactively get on with the job and achieve the very best outcome possible. She is diligent, protective of Clients and a "Rottweiler" when it comes to standing toe to toe with whoever she goes up against. She is fearless, assertive and always gets the job done. We not only WOULD recommend her, we consistently do." Lisa Styles Director Corporate Accountancy Solutions Limited
- The resolution of a tense multimillion pound dispute over a solar power station.
- The appointment of interim liquidators on the application of a contingent creditor in circumstances where two barristers had said the objective could not be achieved.
- One of the highest value claims in Manchester, against the manufacturer of a highly technical product used in property development, at trial and then in the Court of Appeal.
- Resolving a dispute between partners in a law firm to reach the client’s goal in such a way that only the client knew Christine was advising. This meant that her client avoided adverse publicity and enabled the partnership to continue to function throughout the dispute.
Previous Law Firms:
- Freeths LLP
- Stephenson Harwood
- Herbert Smith
- WSET Level 3
- University of Sheffield LLB
- Downtown in Business Woman Lawyer of the Year 2014
Publications and Training:
- Christine runs a training course for directors to enable them to achieve their objectives while ensuring good Corporate Governance.