' I know I can trust her when I need advice on difficult issues.' Jackie Spendlove, Head of HR at GCI.
What she's best at:
Debbie has over 25 years' experience in dealing with disputes. She has worked in-house, prepared cases involving tens of thousands of documents and as a professional support lawyer developing web services for clients and providing training for clients and other lawyers. In the last 5 years she has specialised in employment working with SMEs and HR professionals. Her particular strengths include good relationships with clients, empathy and people skills.
Who she works for:
- MDs and Directors
- Business owners and managers
- HR directors and consultants
'Debbie has advised me on many occasions over the last 3-4 years. She provides practical and commercial advice on all aspects of employment law. I know I can trust her when I need advice on difficult issues.' Jackie Spendlove, Head of HR at GCI.
"We retained Debbie to help with a difficult employee situation in a voluntary organisation I help run and found her absolutely superb. I would thoroughly recommend her to anyone needing a good and realistic employment lawyer." Neil F Liversidge Owner / Managing Director of West Riding Personal Financial Solutions Ltd and Finance Director of The Motorcycle Action Group.
- Providing corporate support on business sales and acquisitions
- A successful sexual harassment case recovering significant compensation following incidents of grooming.
- Acting for a local authority following an unsuccessful outsourcing contract concerning their fleet management where the new provider had underpriced the contract and were not able to provide the service.
- Speaking on BBC radio including '5 Live' concerning the Jeremy Clarkson affair
- Developing and delivering training for clients and lawyers covering complex legal issues and making the content accessible for the audience.
- Developing the content for an online HR advice service operated by a major law firm
- Article - Disciplinary action and Care Workers Tolleys Employment Law Service May 2015.
- Article Recent case law affecting Workers Tolleys Employment Law Service November 2015.
Previous Law Firms:
- Walker Morris
- Irwin Mitchell
- Senior Solicitor, British Coal
- University of Birmingham (LLB)