What she's best at:
Elizabeth has significant experience advising large corporates on their general commercial and project-based matters. She has particular expertise in drafting and negotiating complex and high value project documentation and general procurement work. Elizabeth has advised across a number of infrastructure areas, including transport, utilities, social infrastructure and defence, where clients include project sponsors, sub-contractors, financiers and government. In her general commercial work she advises customers and suppliers across a wide range of business areas.
She has worked in the UK and Australia, advising major corporates, financiers, corporate investors and SMEs.
- Advising a major corporate on all aspects of its parcel delivery business, including drafting and negotiating procurement and sales contracts with its suppliers and customers. Drafting standard form templates for key contracts to develop consistency and control across the business, as well as cost savings.
- Advising the design and construction contractor to one of two shortlisted consortia for the Sydney Metro project. Leading a team of six lawyers and negotiating finalised documentation, including a 300 page design and construct contract, for final bid submission.
- Leading a team of 25 lawyers on a large scale due diligence for a client seeking to dispose of the retail part of its electricity distribution business in Australia. Collating the due diligence findings into a comprehensive report for the client, which formed the basis of the sale negotiations.
- Advising a financial institution on the disposal of its interest in a toll road in Thailand. Setting up and maintaining an online data room. Drafting and negotiating sale documentation. Managing a complex set of requirements from a range of high profile parties, including an extremely risk averse Japanese bank and a client in liquidation. Managing the process to close.
- Advising a semi-government corporation on its investment in a multi-billion dollar liquefied natural gas project in Papua New Guinea. Negotiating the project documentation from the perspective of a small, yet highly influential, stakeholder, in a geographically and politically challenging environment.
- Advising United Group Limited in respect of all aspects of its rail and road business, during a four month in-house secondment. Providing day-to-day legal advice, liaising with commercial managers and developing a standard form design and construct contract.
- Advising an equity provider in relation to the disposal of its interest in a major Public Private Partnership toll road in Sydney. Liaising with colleagues and collating input necessary to produce a concise due diligence report, upon which the client based its decision to sell its equity interest. Drafting and negotiating the share sale agreement and associated documentation.
- Advising the winning consortium on its provision of air-to-air refuelling capability for the Ministry of Defence. Drafting and negotiating the sub-contracts relating to aircraft maintenance, training and supply of spares.
- Advising the winning consortium on a number of NHS PFI hospital projects, including MAS Central Nottinghamshire and Barts and the London hospitals.
Previous Law Firms:
- Freehills Herbert Smith, Australia
- Clifford Chance LLP
- Secondment to United Group Limited (a major Australian services company)
- Dual qualified (England and Wales, and New South Wales, Australia)
- University of Warwick (LLB, European)
- Nottingham Law School (LPC)