What she’s best at:
Elizabeth is an experienced EU and UK competition law specialist. She has worked for international law firms in both Brussels and London and also spent time with the EU’s Directorate General for Competition. Over the past decade, she has advised on EU, UK and multi-jurisdictional merger control, carried out competition law compliance reviews and training, and assisted businesses in filing complaints with the European Commission against the anti-competitive conduct of others. Elizabeth also acted for the claimant in its successful damages action following on from a European Commission cartel decision.
Who she works for:
- UK and multinational corporations
- UK and international organisations
- Acting for a Nordic telecommunications operator on its €145 million investment in two newly created joint ventures in the online advertising sector in Asia.
- Advising a Japanese car parts manufacturer on its €220 million acquisition of a French car parts manufacturer.
- Acting for a US manufacturer of industrial materials on its $20 million acquisition of a UK manufacturer of specialist ceramics.
- Acting for the main complainant in the EU Commission’s abuse of dominance investigation into IBM’s conduct in mainframe computing.
- Successfully intervening in an appeal before the European General Court concerning Rambus’s royalty rate charges.
- Advising a European electronics company in its damages action before the English High Court against LCD manufacturers fined by the EU Commission for involvement in a cartel.
- Contributing editor to Butterworth's Competition Law Handbook
Previous Law Firms
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (Europe) LLP (London)
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP (Brussels)
- Nabarro LLP (Sheffield and Brussels)
- Directorate General for Competition, European Commission
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies, Royal Academy of Dance
- International Bar Association (Postgraduate Diploma in International Competition Law)
- University of Sheffield (MA Law)
- University of Sheffield (BA History)