“Emma’s approach is highly practical. More importantly she is an excellent negotiator, robust and direct but with an ability to maintain open and friendly channels of communication.” - Andrew Baker, Baker Consultants Ltd
What she’s best at:
Emma is known for her expertise in employment law, having specialised in the area for 19 years. During that time Emma has worked in highly regarded private practice firms and in-house for Asda.
Emma’s passion for employment law is fuelled by her fascination with people and what makes them tick. She acts for senior executives as well as employers, always seeking to find pragmatic and commercial solutions to any given problem, whatever the size or complexity.
Emma’s practice has expanded to cover the design and delivery of wellbeing programmes for clients and colleagues. She maintains a particular interest in all aspects of mental health and its impact on the workplace, sitting as a member of the steering group for Mindful Employer Leeds, (part of Leeds Mind).
Who she works for:
- Private Sector Employers
- Law firms
- Senior Executives
“Emma brings a bright and engaging manner into her work. Her knowledge of the market place was first class and her approach was pragmatic, supportive and directional without being overbearing. I have no hesitation in recommending Emma again.” James Moore, Director Think Methodology Limited
“Emma’s approach is highly practical. More importantly she is an excellent negotiator, robust and direct but with an ability to maintain open and friendly channels of communication.” Andrew Baker, Baker Consultants Ltd
- Acting for Asda Stores Limited in a leading case on the payment of bonuses during maternity pay securing a dismissal of the appeal by the employee to the Court of Session (Hoyland -v- Asda Stores Limited)
- Securing 100% success rate of averting strike action whilst at Asda against the GMB
- Acting (for 2 high profile organisations) as an investigator in complex internal grievances where bullying and harassment were alleged at a senior level and reporting to the Board within a tight timeframe
- In house award for commitment to education and training at Asda Stores Limited, 2003.
- Short listed in the “niche firm of the year” category for the Yorkshire Lawyer Awards 2013 whilst at Pharos Legal Limited
Previous Law Firms:
- Walker Morris LLP
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Pharos Legal Limited
- Genus Law Limited
- Asda Stores Limited, Senior in house Employment Solicitor
- Repton School
- Newcastle University
- The College of Law, York