What She's best at:
Jenny advises on both contentious and non-contentious employment law, principally working with employers. She has experience advising on the full range of employment law issues, including: business restructures and reorganisations (including redundancy exercises); outsourcing and TUPE; disciplinary and grievance procedures; managing performance and sickness absence; and employment tribunals. She also provides employment law input in relation to corporate transactions, with a particular focus on private equity backed deals. Jenny is particularly interested in client training – preparing and delivering bespoke training to HR and line managers on a range of employment law topics.
Jenny also has experience working in-house in both the public and private sectors, having spent time on secondment with the legal teams at BP (in Canary Wharf) and with the North West Development Agency.
Who she works for:
- Clients from major UK businesses, such as Aviva, M&S Bank, Balfour Beatty, and MITIE, to small, owner managed businesses without their own HR function.
- Successfully defending an international insurance client in relation to a complex disability discrimination and unfair dismissal complaint.
- Successfully defending a University client in relation to a long running dispute with a former employee in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and County Court and working on a complaint to the Attorney General's office regarding the claimant's conduct with a view to having the individual declared a vexatious litigant.
- Successfully defending a pharmaceuticals client in relation to a long running race and religious discrimination and unfair dismissal complaint.
- Advising Inflexion on the employment aspects of a £73million secondary buy out of onthebeach.co.uk.
- Working on a large scale redundancy exercise for a major national bank.
- Advising an international forensics company on the design of a collective redundancy programme.
- Advising a client on a TUPE exercise involving the loss of two major contracts to a competitor.
Previous Law Firms:
- Pinsent Masons LLP
- BPP Manchester (LPC and GDL) - Distinction
- Manchester University - 2:1 BSc (Hons) Management