What she’s best at:
Jill specialises in all aspects of real estate finance including development finance both in the UK and overseas. Matters range from new debt, refinancing or restructuring existing debt to sub-participation arrangements. Jill has a broad understanding of many aspects which will have an impact on the financing arrangements from construction procurement methods, property title reporting, corporate structuring considerations, planning and tax.
Jill especially relishes the project management and delivery aspects of her work drawing on her strong interpersonal and communication skills. She is proactive and dedicated to deliver each transaction on time, to each client’s requirements and to the highest of standards.
Who she works for:
- Clearing banks
- Institutional investors
- Investment Funds
- Corporate borrowers
“A solution-driven and highly effective lawyer who sets the gold standard for the delivery of legal services. Always acting with dedication and integrity she focuses on our business needs to ensure our objectives are achieved – a safe pair of hands who always delivers.” - David Smith-Milne, Manging Director, PlaceFirst
- Sigma/Gatehouse - 15-Site Private Rented Sector Scheme - Advising Barclays Bank PLC in respect of a total of £70m development and investment facilities to a joint venture vehicle for the purposes of acquiring, developing and then managing a total of 987 residential units across 15 sites throughout the North West of England.
- HSBC – Second Quartet Portfolio – Advising HSBC Bank plc in respect of investment and cap ex facilities to the Second Quartet Fund. The facilities were for the purposes of acquiring and then turning around a portfolio of distressed assets. The deal included settlement and priority arrangements in respect of existing security of the outgoing funder which was to be retained but subordinated in priority to the security of HSBC
- MediaCity Refinance – Acting for the Peel Group in respect of refinancing its £325m facilities with a club comprising Lloyds and Citi. The five year facility enabled the Peel Group to maintain positive leasing momentum towards full occupancy of MediaCity and to further the regeneration of the Salford Quays area.
- Carlyle Europe – Advising Barclays and Lloyds Bank plc in respect of a total of £65m development and investment facilities to a series of Luxembourg off-shore special purpose vehicles for the acquisition, development and operation of 3 student accommodation blocks at Hammersmith, Isledon and City University in London. A complex transaction involving a variety of issues including rights of light, landlord insurance, nomination agreements with the City University and property access.
- Bruntwood – Acting for Bruntwood (Citylabs) in respect of development facilities from Lloyds Bank plc to develop the former Royal Eye Hospital into a new biomedical centre of excellence, located on the Oxford Road Corridor at the heart of Europe’s largest clinical and academic campus. Bruntwood’s 94,000 sq ft development will retain the heritage listed frontage whilst building new space to the rear, which has been designed to attract bio health companies to develop new products and services. Grant funding was also provided together with facilities from the European Regional Development Fund (Evergreen).
Previous Law Firms:
- Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
- University of Nottingham (LPC)
- Lancaster University (1st class LLB Hons)