What she's best at:
Jodie is a corporate and commercial lawyer with broad experience of corporate finance, commercial contracts, compliance and financial services regulatory practice gained in senior roles both in house and in private practice.
Primarily, she enjoys assisting all types of companies and clients in ensuring that they attain their business objectives successfully. She particularly enjoys working with developing businesses to implement effective legal frameworks to facilitate their expansion in a proportionate way. She has extensive experience of liaising with UK and overseas financial services regulators, and guiding companies through these processes. As a country dweller and international event rider in her spare time, Jodie also takes a keen interest in assisting any equestrian and rural businesses in their legal and business affairs.
Who she works for:
- Companies (from start up’s to PLCs)
- Financial services organisations
- Boards of Directors
- Equestrian and rural businesses
- As Legal & Compliance Counsel for Greenhill & Co. International LLP, advising on a range of high profile corporate finance and sponsor services transactions, together with ongoing liaison with the FCA and other relevant regulators.
- As In House Counsel for Xchanging plc, advising on a range of commercial contracts, such as renegotiating a key client contract for the HR Business, and advising the procurement business in respect of a major procurement opportunity. Liaising with the Board in respect of corporate governance developments, and leading the global implementation of policy developments.
- As a Solicitor with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (UK) LLP, advising multinational corporates in respect of their various corporate finance activities – including IPO, secondary offerings and private placements – across a range of sectors, from gaming to renewable power.
- As a Solicitor with Herbert Smith LLP, advising a range of predominantly UK corporates in respect of their corporate finance activities, including IPOs, secondary offerings (including rescue rights offerings) and related transactions.
Previous Law Firms:
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (UK) LLP
- European Counsel, Greenhill & Co. International LLP
- In house counsel, Xchanging PLC
- University of Oxford, Politics, Philosophy & Economics (Brasenose College)
- BPP Law School, London