"Katerina has an extremely high level of integrity, she is professional, wonderful person to work with, thinks out of the box and delivers one hundred percent time after time." Xenia Vassiliadis, Senior Vice-President, DBS Bank, Singapore.
What she's best at:
Katerina began her career within the Big Four accounting firms, dealing primarily with complicated corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and tax planning. Following this, she established and worked as General Counsel of an investment bank, gaining further expertise in banking, contracts, tax planning, and corporate finance and tax issues relating to investment. In private practice, Katerina was one of three managing partners of Alevizos, Gerolymos, Nomikou & Associates Law Firm until 2010, acting on a number of significant international disputes. Katerina has extensive experience in tax planning, financial services and recently in the shipping sector. Her client base is truly international, and she operates from London and Athens.
Who she works for:
- Large accountancy firms
- Investment/Retail Banks
- Energy companies
- International Trusts
- Shipping companies (maritime insurance brokers,maritime insurance services)
- Large corporates
"I have known Katerina for over 15 years and can only say the best things. She has an extremely high level of integrity, she is professional, wonderful person to work with, thinks out of the box and delivers 100% and on time."
Xenia Vassiliadis, Senior Vise President at DBS Bank, Singapore.
“I had the opportunity to work with Katerina while we were both employed by a major professional services company. I appreciated her confident demeanour which stemmed from a thorough knowledge of her field and her professionalism towards clients."
Constandin Pechlivanidis, MSc. Eng., MRICS, Investment Director, Partner, New Symbol.
- Acted on the restructure of a major construction company, completing complex tax planning and dispute resolution matters, which enabled the company to successfully undertake a major port construction project in North Africa.
- Senior role in the establishment of an investment bank, including the supervision and application to the central bank for permission, drafting all core contracts, anticipating labour law issues, structuring investment products from a tax perspective, applying compliance guidelines, and bank internal regulations.
- Successfully represented a major multinational energy company in complicated negotiations relating to a multimillion euros dispute from a consortium agreement.
- Successfully defended a major multinational energy company against a health and safety claim for the fatality of a subcontractor.
- Advised the National Bank of Greece on the international divestment of its French branch (it was a cross-border M&A, they wanted to absorb their French branch on the basis of tax EU incentives on the basis of EU tax incentive legislation) in view of the absence of adjustment of local legislation to the EU Directives.
- Successfully advised on loopholes resulting from REIT’s EU legislation and tax incentive laws.
Publications / Professional activities:
- Basic instructor of E&Y inter company training for its tax/legal department in respect with the real estate mutual funds and real estate companies (REIT’s)
- Writing of articles in International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) magazine (article about tax deductibility of inter company charges
- Instructor in the open PWC seminar for its clientele in respect with the tax deductibility of inter company charges
Previous Law Firms:
- Alevizos, Gerolymos, Nomikou & Associates LLP
- Ernst & Young
- Prof. I.K Rocas Law firm
- General Counsel, Proton Bank (up to 2004)
- Practising Solicitor, member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Greek Lawyer, member of the Athens Bar Association
- Enthikon Kapodistriakon University of Athens, Law School (LLB)
- Athens College of Greece, major accounting & Finance
- King’s College, London (Scholarship by the British Counsel of Athens, including 4 months’ practice in a solicitor’s firm)
- BBP Law School