“We know we can trust Liz to take matters off our hands and get us the results we want.”
- Henry Flint, Finance Director, Katana Property Limited
What she's best at:
Liz has spent more than 10 years getting to know the legal aspects of the property investment world inside out. She has an abundance of experience in portfolio investment and management work, including high value acquisitions, disposals and lease negotiations. Liz has also acted extensively for banks and lenders on real estate finance transactions. Liz is incredibly responsive, organised and efficient and loves nothing more than getting a deal done quickly and well.
Who she works for:
- Property Investment Companies
- Development Companies
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Insolvency Practitioners
“Liz is always very responsive and accommodating and has acquired a strong understanding of our business and the way we operate. She has also developed a streamlined system for dealing with our management and investment transactions which is both cost effective and efficient. We know we can trust Liz to take matters off our hands and get us the results we want.” - Henry Flint, Finance Director, Katana Property Limited.
“Liz has been an excellent lawyer for us who has acquired a depth of knowledge of our portfolio and a very good understanding of our approach. She has also been a very nice person to work with!” - Managing Director, International Property Investment, Development and Management Company.
Portfolio Management Work:
- Acting for Katana Property Limited dealing with numerous lease negotiations in connection with their portfolio of investment and development property in the South of England.
- Dealt with all aspects of letting and management work in respect of a portfolio of seven multi-let properties owned by Stow Securities Plc which comprised both retail and office space in London’s West End over a four year period.
- Responsibility for the preparations for sale and all aspects of letting and management work arising in connection with administration of Times Square Shopping Centre, Sutton, by Allsop LLP.
- Acted for Mitsubishi Estate Company & Stanhope PLC on various management issues and related transactions in respect of Paternoster Square Estate, London, dealing with tenants such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and the London Stock Exchange.
- Dealt with the grant of a lease of Oxford Street retail premises by Resolution Property to Carphone Warehouse.
Acquisitions, Disposals and Finance Work:
- Acted for Energy Power Resources Limited in the sale and leaseback of a £164 million power station portfolio, including the finance element.
- Negotiated the purchase of a central London office block conditional upon planning. Drafted and negotiated documentation for subsequent onward sale for mixed use residential and retail purposes
- Preparation of report on title and negotiation of contract in connection with the acquisition of a development property in Westminster for £39 million.
- Acted for Great Portland Estates Plc in connection with the refinancing and ongoing management of a multi-use property on Kingsway as well as on two separate acquisitions of leasehold residential apartments for Great Portland Estates Plc in London’s West End.
- Due diligence acting for a lender in connection with the proposed acquisition of a loan portfolio valued at approximately £115 million.
- Advised on the acquisition and subsequent re-financing of a mixed use office, retail and residential block in Mayfair for £16 million.
- Completion of due diligence exercise in connection with the sale of the Roadchef portfolio by Delek Group.
- Acted on various auction sales of receivership property for The Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Acted for Quintain Estates and Development Plc on various matters relating to the acquisition and redevelopment of a large plot of land surrounding Wembley Stadium .
- Acted for a joint venture partnership between British Waterways, Ballymore Group and Canary Wharf Group, including negotiating and documenting releases of rights of light with numerous property owners in connection with the redevelopment of Wood Wharf, a seven hectare site adjacent to Canary Wharf.
Previous Law Firms:
- Berwin Leighton Paisners’ Lawyers on Demand
- Simmons & Simmons
- Actis Capital
- University of Oxford (BA)
- University of the West of England, Bristol (Legal Practice Course)