"Louise is excellent – detailed, focused, proactive, gets to grips with things well, great to work with.”
– Post-Transaction client review
What she's best at:
Louise is a senior corporate lawyer. She has a particular focus on corporate finance transactions, and has wider experience including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic investments, capital raisings and listings.
Louise has excellent project management skills and a pragmatic and commercial style. She has the confidence to challenge the status quo whilst delivering robust advice sensitively and with a collaborative approach.
Additionally, Louise has deep understanding of current issues in corporate governance and risk management.
Who she works for:
- Corporates, especially public companies or companies seeking to access the capital markets
- Investment banks and other intermediaries
"Louise is excellent – detailed, focused, proactive, gets to grips with things well, great to work with” – Post-Transaction client review
“Louise's experience on main market ECM transactional issues is excellent and she delivers it in a client-friendly "no nonsense" way. Louise is organised, technically and commercially excellent, a great presenter, and very knowledgeable and good at winning client respect” – Recent 360°feedback
Relevant recent transactions include advising:
- Citibank and Jeffries in relation to the $100 million main market IPO of Georgia Healthcare Group
- Cairn Homes in relation to its €430 million main market IPO
- Intelligent Energy in connection with its £639 million main market IPO
- Fair Oaks Capital on the LSE listing of Fair Oaks Income Fund
- DCC in connection with its £338 million acquisition of Butagaz from Shell
- Redefine in connection with its £70 million placing
- UDG Healthcare in connection with its €407 million class 1 disposal of its supply chain business
Selected previous transactions include advising:
- HBOS in connection with its acquisition by Lloyds TSB and associated capital raising
- Alliance & Leicester on its acquisition by Banco Santander
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in connection with their respective investments in Barclays
- on the IPO of Ocado (counsel to the underwriters (led by Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and UBS and including 5 other investment banks))
- Cable & Wireless in connection with its acquisition of THUS and subsequent demerger and relistings of C&W Communications and C&W Worldwide
- on the IPO of Ophir Energy (counsel to the underwriters (Credit Suisse, JP Morgan and Royal Bank of Canada)).
Louise is on the consulting board of LexisPSL Corporate, an online resource for corporate lawyers, providing editorial guidance on equity capital markets content. Louise has previously contributed chapters on continuing obligations to A Practitioner’s Guide to the FSA Listing Regime.
Previous Law Firms:
- Pinsent Masons LLP (corporate partner 2012-2015)
- Allen & Overy LLP (1996-2012; corporate partner 2007-2012)
Other Professional Interests:
Since 2013, Louise has been a Fee-paid (part-time) Judge of the First-tier Tribunal, assigned to the Social Security and Child Support jurisdiction. In her capacity as Tribunal Judge, she currently hears appeals in relation to various employment and disability related welfare benefits. She presides over 2 or 3 person tribunal panels.
Louise is a non-executive director of Women’s Pioneer Housing, a housing association which focuses on providing affordable accommodation for, and supporting, vulnerable women.
- College of Law, London
- Clare College, University of Cambridge