"Mark understands people. He takes the time to understand what we want to achieve and where we want to get to, and he then maps a path for us to get there. What clients really want is realistic results, delivered in realistic time frames, and Mark has the commerciality to deliver that - which really does set him apart as an advisor." Tony Sanders, Kingtons
What he's best at:
Mark is well known in the market place as a rainmaker and a straight talking commercial lawyer. He is passionate about the service he provides to clients, and takes pride that many of his clients refer to him as their trusted adviser. Mark is an expert at resolving commercial conflicts, having practiced commercial and insolvency litigation for over 20 years. During that time, he has advised businesses on an extensive range of disputes, from general commercial disputes, to pursuing professional advisers for their negligence and resolving complicated Trust litigation.
Mark has also specialised in insolvency litigation, acting for insolvency practitioners all over the UK on issues arising from the insolvency of companies and individuals.
Who he works for:
- Owner managed businesses
- Insolvency practitioners
- Bridging finance houses
The Legal 500 cites Mark as a rainmaker.
"We've worked with Mark for 25 years, and always had very good results. For a lawyer, obviously technical expertise is important - but what's more important is the ability the Mark has to understand people too. He takes the time to understand what we want to achieve and where we want to get to, and he then maps a path for us to get there. What clients really want is realistic results, delivered in realistic time frames, and Mark has the commerciality to deliver that - which really does set him apart as an advisor." Tony Sanders, Kingtons
"As a Specialist Short Term Lender, it is imperative we work with a firm of lawyers who can provide us with the appropriate support when our loans default. We have worked with Mark Dennis for over 10 years and have found him to provide excellent advice. We have had great success on not only pursuing loans that were in default but on numerous more complex cases involving professional negligence litigation. I would not hesitate to recommend Mark to other potential users." Dorian Nineberg, Managing Director, FBSE Finance Limited.
"I had the luck of an introduction to Mark Dennis, who had the incredible ability to find secreted facts, figures, lost files and data of many kinds, to prove my case and who had the ability to handle an extremely knotted scenario of injustice right through to settlement. My undying thanks to a most able team headed by Mark Dennis." Mrs Jacky Allen.
- Acted in the High Court in a multi-million pound case involving the overturning of a family trust settlement.
- Acted in a professional negligence claim against a surveyor where the case involved multiple claims relating to a major hotel and holiday home complex.
- Acted for a lender in successfully overturning a settlement agreement where the initial settlement agreement was tainted with dishonesty.
- Acted in person in the High Court on a hearing to decide what information and methods a solicitor can use to unearth assets hidden by debtors.
- Acted in the Court of Appeal in the leading case involving Brewery tied leases.
- Acted for Trustee in Bankruptcy in a search and seizure order, and in obtaining an injunction in the High Court in Mauritius over assets held in that jurisdiction.
Previous Law Firms:
- Shammah Nicholls
- Linder Myers
- Management qualifications gained in HM Forces
- Qualified Filex 1996
- Qualified Solicitor 1997