Mark is a highly experienced corporate lawyer whose practice encompasses the full range of company transactions from fundraising for start-up companies, through mergers and acquisitions to quotation on public equity markets and take private transactions.
In nearly 20 years of practice, he has acted for domestic UK and overseas clients operating in many varied sectors including technology, natural resources, retailing and manufacturing. Mark also undertakes transactional insolvency and restructuring work, advising sellers of distressed business, those looking to acquire such businesses and/or on the refinancing of those businesses.
Who he works for:
- Private Equity Houses
- Corporate Investors
- Private Investors
- Management Teams
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Advised a major European retail and investment bank on disposals and restructurings of its private equity investments in various UK retailers and manufacturing companies and disposals of its holdings in private equity funds.
- Advised a consortium of Kuwaiti investors on their equity and subordinated debt investment in a holding company formed to acquire a portfolio of student accommodation assets from administrators and funded using a c£200m bond listed on the Dublin Stock Exchange.
- Advised a major NYSE listed chemicals group on its worldwide corporate restructuring.
- Advised MIDROC Pharmaceuticals on the establishment of a joint venture in Africa with LSE listed Hikma Pharmaceuticals.
- Advised the security trustee of US$400m promissory notes in relation to the insolvency of UK issuer group guarantors.
- Advised PwC as the High Court appointed administrators and liquidators of a UK subsidiary of a German manufacturer and distributor of commercial printers as part of a global group insolvency.
- Advised a captive special situations fund subsidiary of a global commodities trading group on its investment in a UK mining company
Listed in M&A: mid-market, £50m-£250m, The Legal 500 UK, 2014
“McGuireWoods London LLP often takes a key coordinating role in multi-jurisdictional transactions. Recent highlights include …… Mark Langford’s advice to MIDROC Pharmaceuticals on the establishment of a joint venture with Hikma Pharmaceuticals.”
Listed as "Recommended," Corporate M&A: Smaller Deals up to £50m, The Legal 500 UK, 2012
Listed as "Attracting High Praise from Clients," Corporate and M&A: Smaller Deals up to £50m, The Legal 500 UK, 2011
Previous Law Firms:
- Foot Anstey
- McGuire Woods
- Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University (MA Oxon, Jurisprudence)
- College of Law, Chester