"Melloney is focussed and identifies the key HR issues for our company with speed and clarity, working with us, at our care homes, to develop strategy and practical solutions to staffing issues. Melloney is an expert in her field and I would highly recommend her to any business looking for employment law or HR support." Manjit Sandher, Managing Director, Unity Homes Limited.
What she's best at:
Melloney is a talented employment law solicitor, with considerable success representing both businesses and individuals.
A gifted negotiator with commercial acumen, she has extensive experience working with directors and senior HR executives across a range of sectors including care homes, retail, fashion and beauty, dental, veterinary, manufacturing and recruitment.
She is recognised as an approachable and trusted advisor who has built a strong reputation on her ability to deliver for her clients through a blend of steel and diplomacy. Offering practical advice and guidance, she communicates with simplicity and empathy while always retaining a focus on a client’s bottom line.
As a qualified mediator and conflict resolution expert, Melloney’s approach is one that involves working closely with clients, taking the emotion out of difficult situations, and leading them out of conflict in as timely and as cost effective a manner as possible.
With extensive experience in corporate support work, she also advises on a range of day-to-day employment matters encompassing disciplinary and grievance issues, termination of employment, performance and absence management, discrimination, whistle-blowing, litigation, redundancies,settlement agreements, TUPE, business reorganisations and business transfers.
- Small and medium sized businesses
- Care Homes
- Directors and senior executives
- HR directors and consultants
"Melloney has a solutions orientated approach to employee issues and is able to translate technically complex legal concepts into pragmatic, commercial advice which is relevant to our business."
Richard Gahagan, We are Adam (Digital, HR, Marketing and PR Recruitment).
- Successfully advising and representing a North West business in the employment tribunal challenging Secretary of State on alleged TUPE transfer.
- Management, negotiation and settlement of complex high profile employment tribunal claims involving maternity discrimination, sex discrimination, disability discrimination, whistle-blowing, unfair dismissal, and constructive dismissal.
- Negotiation of settlement terms for over 200 public sector employees facing redundancy.
- Advising global insurance business on director and senior management exit strategies.
- Regularly working with clients at their premises on site advising on HR strategy and employment law issues.
Recommended in the Legal 500 Awards 2013 as “extremely professional and approachable".
Previous Law Firms:
- Gorvins 2010 – 2014 Senior Associate Solicitor and Mediator
- Myersons LLP 2007 – 2010 Associate Solicitor
- DLA Piper 2002 – 2007 Trainee Solicitor and Solicitor
- NHS, Private Bank, Retail, Charity
- Certified Mediator - Civil and Commercial (London School of Mediation)
- Conflict Coach (CAOS Conflict Management)
- Universtiy of Sheffield, LLB Law
- College of Law, LPC