What she’s best at:
Natalie is a commercial lawyer with all round experience specialising in the not for profit sector.
Having spent 10 years in private practice followed by 12 years in-house, she has broad experience advising on company/commercial, information security and governance matters. She provides solutions based impactful advice working at all levels and considered by many to be a trusted adviser with a down to earth and very personable approach.
Her in house experience has included advising on collaborations, mergers, restructuring and acquisitions, corporate governance, data protection, IP, contracts, general commercial matters, dispute resolution and safeguarding. She has been involved in the management of businesses and was instrumental when in-house in setting up and sitting on operational boards overseeing strategy deployment.
Natalie’s most recent position has been in house as Head of Legal for the charity Guide Dogs. Prior to that she was seconded to charities Macmillan Cancer Support and the British Heart Foundation while in private practice.
Who she works for:
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Collaborations with public sector and for profit businesses
"Natalie's combination of legal expertise, pragmatism and drive to get things done make her a very valuable asset to any organisation. She is very personable, getting on well with, and gaining the respect of, all levels of an organisation. She is highly adaptable, and can tackle a broad range of legal challenges with confidence. She has an eye for detail, but never loses sight of the big picture. " Tim Lowth, Director of Finance, Guide Dogs
“The term ‘Trusted Advisor’ is often over-used, but in Natalie the programme had one; her ability to seek and find the appropriate middle grounds ensured the partnership was built in a mutually considered and respectful way, with a clear line back to ensuring the needs of the end-users were paramount and aligned with the business objectives of the programme.” Jarnail Chudge, User Experience Architect for the Cities Unlocked Programme at Microsoft
Recent work has included:
- Heading up a cross organisational multi disciplinary team acquiring another charitable company which became part of the group structure
- Acting as the collaboration governance and commercial lead on a major new and innovative technology/ built environment project, Cities Unlocked, with a charity, a global IT provider and a catapult organisation
- Undertaking a major governance review leading to the introduction of a robust new governance model
- Overhauling data governance within a charity introducing a new way of managing data holistically
Previous Law Firms:
- Nabarro Nathanson, Reading
- Withers, London
- Stone King, Bath
- Guide Dogs – Head of Legal
- British Heart Foundation – Secondment to Legal Team
- Macmillan Cancer Support – Secondment to Legal Team
- The College of Law, Guilford
- Kingston University, Law