“Paul is great. He provides clarity and works in a very straightforward way. He thinks commercially” - Margaret Dalgity, HR Director, WYG plc
What he's best at:
Paul is an experienced and creative employment lawyer, with considerable experience in defending discrimination claims. He works for a number of public and private sector clients and has a particular focus on the education sector.
He enjoys strategic project work, including collective redundancy exercises and restructures. Paul regularly advises on the employment implications of TUPE transfers, and is an experienced advocate and regularly represent clients in the employment tribunal and (when required) the EAT.
Paul is a well-regarded speaker, who is regularly invited to speak at external conferences and events. He has been ranked by Chambers and Partners in their 2014 and 2015 guides, and recommended for a number of years by Legal 500 in both education and employment law.
Who he works for:
- Major plcs through to SMEs
- Significant expertise in schools and education law
Chambers 2015 - Paul Menham represents both public and private sector clients, particularly in collective redundancy exercises and restructurings.
Legal 500 2014 – Employment Recommended
Legal 500 2014 – Education Recommended
Legal 500 2013 – Employment Recommended
“Paul is great. He provides clarity and works in a very straightforward way. He thinks commercially.” - Margaret Dalgity, HR Director, WYG plc
“Paul has a great appreciation of the social and business background to legal problems. He is a lawyer who doesn’t act like a lawyer, in that his advice is straightforward, he makes my team and our clients feel at ease and takes the stress out of what can often be rather difficult employment matters.” - Kathryn Birch, Managing Director, Fusion Business Solutions Limited
- Successfully challenged the DfE in respect of an Islamic girls school’s all female teacher policy.
- Successfully defended a £400,000 claim for collective consultation by the UK’s largest trade union against a leading aviation business.
- Worked with a leading private equity firm to purchase 23 IFA businesses in two years, with an asset value of over £3.5bn – leading on all employment law and HR issues.
- Worked with the senior leadership team at a Bradford secondary school to defeat a Trojan Horse plot by rogue governors.
- Successfully defended strike action by a trade union against a large transport client.
- Successfully defended a large FE college against a well publicised sex discrimination claim by an X-Factor contestant.
Previous Law Firms:
- DWF LLP
- Gordons LLP
- Denison Till LLP
- University of Huddersfield (LLM)
- University of Huddersfield (LLB)