Rebecca is an experienced employment lawyer who provides her clients with practical and commercial employment advice, enabling them to deal with their employment issues effectively and with minimum disruption to their business. She is an approachable trusted advisor who works closely with her clients to achieve the best result.
She advises HR, management and in-house legal teams and guides them through a wide range of employment situations from recruitment to grievances, team moves, enforcing restrictive covenants, and handling dismissals.
Rebecca has particular experience of advising on tricky employment issues at executive and Board level, and in handling Tribunal litigation, having both brought and defended numerous claims in the Tribunals for unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and discrimination.
She also advises senior executives when they join or leave their employment or face issues during their employment, advising regularly on contracts, grievances and negotiating Settlement Agreements.
Rebecca advises a wide range of clients across a number of sectors including Financial Services, Professional Practices (including law firms), Publishing, Oil & Gas, Food Products, Financial Technology and IT, across the UK and internationally but with a particular focus on the City.
She is also an experienced trainer, providing bespoke training for her clients on a wide range of employment issues. She has also written articles on employment issues for a number of publications including the FT and The Telegraph.
Who she works for:
- Listed companies
- Small and medium sized businesses
- Partnerships and LLPs
- HR Directors and consultants
- In-house legal teams
- Senior Executives
- Advising the General Counsel and Head of HR of a Plc client in the Oil & Gas sector on day to day HR issues including the departure of a Board member.
- Advising a business within the Financial Services sector on day to day employment law issues, including Board level departures, amending their Handbook and Contract to reflect employment law changes, defending an age discrimination claim brought by a former Board member, advising on the introduction of a Role Based Allowance, and advising them on the new Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Defending a Law Firm against a very sensitive sexual orientation discrimination claim which was brought by a former senior lawyer.
- Defending a Premier League Football Club against a sex discrimination claim.
- Lead Associate advising a partner bringing a complex disability discrimination claim against one of the big 5 accountancy firms, which went to the Northern Ireland Court of Appeal after 3 years of litigation.
- Advising a senior Managing Director at a leading financial advisory and asset management firm on a complex sexual orientation and bonus claim.
- Managing a redundancy process, and defending a substantial claim relating to commission payments for an IT technology consulting corporation.
- Advising two Claimants bringing a complex whistleblowing claim against a business in the Financial Services sector.
- Advising a financial technology company on day-to-day HR issues including redundancies.
- Regularly negotiating and advising on Settlement Agreements, contracts of employment, Handbooks and contracts for services for both individuals and employers.
Previous Law Firms:
- Fox Williams - Employment Lawyer 2000-2017
- Farrer & Co – Trainee Solicitor 1998-2000
- Aon Limited – Employment Lawyer (on secondment) 2006
- Cambridge University, MA (Cantab) Law
- College of Law, York, LPC