What she's best at:
Rebecca is best known for her skills as an intellectual property, information technology and commercial lawyer. She has over 14 years' experience of dealing with businesses. During that time she has worked with numerous companies, both in-house and in private practice. Her knowledge and breadth of experience, as well as her technical expertise, means she brings added value to all her dealings with clients, ensuring all matters are dealt with efficiently, pragmatically and with as little fuss as possible!
Who she works for:
- Software Houses
- E-commerce organisations
- Professional Services Companies
- Entrepreneurs and Inventors
- Franchisors and Franchisees
- Owner Managed Businessses
‘We approached gunnercooke to deliver a review of our licensing contracts and IP ownership position. I knew this was important and expected it to be a bit like insurance, something of value that you invest in to protect your interests but hope you never need to use. Rebecca, our licensing and IP expert, exceeded that expectation from the first phone call; not only did I get sound advice on protecting our company, I got brilliant commercial advice that has already helped me shape future deals and increase revenue. Getting this work done was essential to protect GB3’s interests; the bonus was that the work was delivered brilliantly, quickly and has already added value to GB3.’ Graham Billsborough, Managing Director of GB3 Limited.
- Drafting, negotiating and completing various high value contracts with several FTSE 100 companies, major banks and government organisations on behalf of a software developer client.
- Identifying, advising and protecting the intellectual property rights in several high value transactions and providing corporate support in respect of the IT and IP aspects of various technology based acquisitions.
- Providing e-commerce documentation and training to a major pram retailer when it made its products available to consumers over the internet.
- Developing, drafting and completing a high value contract for a large medical organisation to enable the organisation to purchase medical and technology based supplies for hospitals in Kazakhstan.
- Brand Yorkshire - Top Tips for Selling Online (December 2014)
- Yorkshire Business Daily - How to protect your brand (October 2014)
- Global Trader - Top 10 Tips for protecting your export business online (July 2014)
Rebecca was recognised as a Notable Practitioner and an "Associate to Watch" in the 2015 edition of Chambers and Partners.
Previous Law Firms:
- Field Fisher
- HLW Keeble Hawson
- CPP Group Plc
- College of Law, York (LPC)
- University of Hull (LLB)