"Rob's clients are impressed at his expert industry and legal knowledge, his commercial views and general advice allow them to make decisions with confidence on complex matters"- Chambers and Partners UK Legal Guide 2015
What he's best at:
Rob is a highly experienced, skilled and well respected corporate banking lawyer. He is known for his clear, direct and commercially focused approach to complex finance transactions. Rob’s expertise combines technical excellence, sector knowledge, commerciality and risk assessment. He prides himself on the speed of delivery and quality of his advice, his innovative thinking and business acumen.
Rob has significant experience in leveraged finance (primarily in the mid-market to sub-£10,000,000 transactions, and including MBOs, MBIs and IBOs), real estate finance (including the acquisition, development and refinancing and forward funding of a broad range of real estate assets), asset based lending and receivables finance, debt restructuring and corporate reorganisations and general corporate banking transactions.
Rob’s clients include financial institutions, asset based lenders, invoice discounters, funds/trusts and corporate borrowers. Rob acts for clients across the North West, nationally and internationally.
Rob is featured as a “leading individual in the North West” in Legal 500.
Who he works for:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Building societies
- Asset based lenders
- Corporate borrowers
- Real estate investors
- Private equity houses
Rob is “one of the top names in the Manchester market", with clients being impressed at his "expert industry and legal knowledge" and that "his commercial views and general advice allow them to be able to make decisions with confidence on complex matters"- Chambers and Partners UK Legal Guide 2015
Rob is “first class. He is very approachable and personable, with great technical knowledge and his advice is very user-friendly” – Chambers and Partners UK Legal Guide 2014
Rob is “commercial, sensible and very deal focussed. He is good at providing practical, no-nonsense business focussed advice” – Legal 500 2014
- Advising a North West based corporate client in relation to the primary syndication of £60,000,000 senior loan, revolving credit and invoice finance facilities with HSBC Bank plc and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc;
- Advising a leading financial institution in the provision of £32,500,000 senior debt facilities to an off-shore partnership structure for the purposes of acquiring an investment portfolio of real estate assets;
- Advising a hedge fund on the finance documentation relating to the establishment of a £140,000,000 real estate fund investing in property in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, France and the Czech Republic;
- Advising a North West based real estate company in the provision of £55,000,000 syndicated senior debt facilities; and
- Advising a leading financial institution in the provision of £20,000,000 senior debt facilities to a North West based corporate in connection with financing the construction of a new motorway service station.
Previous Law Firms
- Pannone LLP, Partner: Head of Corporate Banking & Finance (2005 – 2014)
- Halliwells LLP, Solicitor (2004 – 2005)
- Addleshaw Goddard LLP, Solicitor (1999 – 2004)
- DLA, Solicitor (1996 – 1999)
- Watson, Farley & Williams LLP, Trainee Solicitor (1994 – 1996)
- The University of Nottingham – Bachelor of Laws (LLB hons)
- College of Law: Chester – Legal Practice Course (Distinction)