"Simon's solid experience and authoritative approach gives us confidence in his solutions, as has the support he has given us to date. We really value his experience." - Charlotte Sword, Partner Global Head of Resources, Foster and Partners
What he’s best at:
Simon’s expertise covers the full range of both contentious and non-contentious employment law, with a particular focus on TUPE, business change and high profile litigation. He has extensive experience of advising in relation to board level matters, including board appointments and departures, and on team move issues (both instigating and defending). He also advises businesses and high net worth individuals on immigration matters.
Who he works for:
- Owner managed businesses
- HR consultants
Recently published articles:
- Extra pay - off with their heads!
- Playing the percentages game with employment tribunal fees
- Redundancy - meaning of establishment (Woolworths case)
- When is depression termed as a disability?
"Simon gives us commercial, pragmatic advice on HR matters within the Practice. His solid experience and authoritative approach gives us confidence in his solutions, as has the support he has given us to date. We really value his experience." - Charlotte Sword, Partner Global Head of Resources, Foster and Partners
- Extensive experience in relationship management having previously been lead employment partner and trusted advisor to a number of household name clients, including Manchester United, UK Sport, RSA, Allianz and Royal London
- Advised Royal London on the people aspects of their acquisition of Royal Liver in 2011 and the subsequent integration process
- Lead employment adviser in relation to a final salary pension scheme closure by one of the world’s largest chemical distributors
- Successfully defended a high profile whistle blowing claim brought against an online retailer by one of their Brand Heads
- Chairman, The Furniture Station, a local independent charity
Previous Law Firms
- Partner (Head of Employment Financial Services), Pinsent Masons LLP (2006-2013)
- Associate, Addleshaw Goddard (2001-2006)
- Solicitor, DAC Beachcroft (1998-2001)
- BA – St John’s College, Durham (Combined Studies in Arts: English, French and Latin)
- CPE – University of Central Lancashire
- LPC – College of Law, Chester