"Stephen combined scrupulous efficiency and the ability to work round difficult people to achieve goals." - Richard Melville Ballerand, Independent Policy Advisor
What he's best at:
Stephen is a well-known and respected property lawyer with over 30 years experience in all aspects of commercial property matters, including the granting and taking leases, disposals and acquisitions of freehold property, the acquisition of telecommunications property rights and town and country planning. Stephen's extensive clientele portfolio includes large-scale retailers, telecommunications companies, hospital and nursing home owners as well as foreign and domestic corporate and individual property developers.
Stephen has a strong, active interest in environmental law and climate change law. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, a member of the United Kingdom Environmental Law Association and a founding member of the UK chapter of Lambda Alpha International, a society for the advancement of land economics.
Who he works for:
- National retailers
- Nursing home owners
- Telecommunications operators
- Property investors
- Educational establishments
"I have been impressed with how Stephen combined scrupulous efficiency and the ability to work round difficult people to achieve goals which were then signed up to by all parties. I look forward to working with him again." — Richard Melville Ballerand, Independent Policy Advisor
Stephen is recommended by Legal 500 for his commercial property work and is described as "extremely knowledgeable".
- The development of an £85 million research facility for a major UK university.
- The acquisition of premises for the London branch of the Warwick Business School.
- Successfully conducting a series of planning appeals for a major supermarket chain.
- Successfully conducting a series of planning appeals for a major telecommunications operator.
- The acquisition of upwards of 4500 telecommunications base station sites.
Stephen contributed the chapter on Property Law and Planning in Telecommunications Law and Practice (Colin Long, Sweet & Maxwell, 1988)
- Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge (MA - Law)
- Birkbeck, University of London (MA — History - Cities and Culture)