"Sunil's forward thinking approach means that I can be confident my clients are in safe hands with him, not just reactive to legal issues my clients may face but also in preventing future issues arising." - Tom Chaston, Director & Founder of All Medical Professionals Limited
What he’s best at:
Sunil is an experienced and highly respected healthcare lawyer. Before reading law, Sunil had graduated in the medical sciences. His interest in healthcare has continued throughout his legal practice. He has considerable experience in the areas of healthcare law and employment, and his respected position in the sector means he is often called upon to advise on public law matters concerning healthcare. He is one of the few healthcare lawyers who also has expertise in dealing with issues that arise in dentistry and NHS commissioning.
Who he works for:
- Medical practitioners
- Healthcare professionals
- Professional associations for healthcare practitioners
Recently published articles:
- Could a delay in resignation and acceptance of sick pay invalidate constructive dismissal?
- Can you claim for age discrimination following changes to contracts after a TUPE transfer?
"Sunil’s knowledge and skill in both the dental and legal arena along with his forward thinking approach means that I can be confident my clients are in safe hands with him, not just reactive to legal issues my clients may face but also in preventing future issues arising. His response to changes in legislation allow the dental world to stay on top of such things which is crucial." - Tom Chaston, Director & Founder of All Medical Professionals Limited
Sunil has a thorough and incisive understanding of the rules and regulations governing the practise and business of healthcare, which is often called upon, especially on complex subjects. He appeared before the National Co-operation and Competition Panel in its first appeal, which concerned the procurement of NHS dentistry.
He has experience acting for both employers and employees in all types of employment dispute. He has appeared at Employment Tribunals throughout the United Kingdom with an enviable success record. In addition, Sunil has been instructed on a number of appeals in cases where he had not been involved at first instance. From a non-contentious perspective, Sunil has advised a leading private hospital in a restructure of its practising privileges arrangements.
Sunil is currently the legal advisor to the Association of Body Sculpting, the British Association of Dental Therapists; the Association of Dental Administrators and Managers, and the Dental Fusion Organisation advising predominantly in relation to employment law; contract disputes and compliance with regulations pertaining to practice. He works with insurers and with brokers to ensure their policies can be tailored to the healthcare and dental healthcare sectors and to provide services under such policies for professionals and professional associations.
- ‘Coping with redundancy’,(2009), Dental Tribune (UK), Vol: 3; No 10
- ‘Avoiding workplace discrimination’, (2010),Dental Tribune (UK), Vol: 4, No 7
- ‘Dentists left ‘confused’ over scrapping of paedophile vetting scheme’, (2010), Dentistry
- ‘Cosmetic directive in need of cleansing’ (2011), Apex; Vol 3, Issue 6
- Former Senior Legal Adviser, British Dental Association
- Senior Legal Advisor to the Association of Body Sculpting
- Senior Legal Advisor to the British Association of Dental Therapists
- Senior Legal Advisor to The Association of Dental Administrators and Managers
- Senior Legal Advisor to The Dental Fusion Organisation
Previous Law Firms:
- Associate Partner and Head of Dental Healthcare, DWF
- Legal Director, Dental Healthcare, Hill Dickinson
- Partner, Halliwells
- Barrister, (called to the Bar – Trinity 2004, Gray’s Inn)
- Solicitor, (admitted to the Roll – 17 October 2011)
- Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn;
- General Council of the Bar;
- Medico-Legal Society;
- Industrial Law Society;
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Bar Association.
- Bar Vocational Course (2004), Inns of Court School of Law
- LLB in English Law (2002), University of Dundee
- B.Sc (Hons) in Medical Sciences (Joint Honours in Anatomical and Physiological Sciences) (2000), University of Dundee