"Susannah has become an integral member of the team and she has gained the trust and confidence of colleagues and key stakeholders through the high quality of her works." – Natasha Barbar-Evans, Client Service Director at Lloyds Banking Group
What she's best at:
Susannah is a commercial real estate lawyer with specific experience in real estate finance. She has acted on behalf of high street banks and institutional lenders in both "good book" and "bad book" scenarios. This experience was further enhanced with secondments at RBS and Lloyds Banking Group. Susannah has also worked closely with administrators, insolvency practitioners and LPA receivers with some high profile insolvencies of well-known high street names and football clubs.
In addition, Susannah has undertaken general commercial property work, including acquisitions and disposals of development land, acting for retail clients, corporate support, general landlord and tenant work, together with taking security over land and providing the appropriate reports on title.
With Susannah's strong attention to detail and both practical and commercial experience, which has been greatly praised by her clients, you can be assured that work requested from her will be to an exceptionally high standard.
Who she works for:
- Banks and institutional lenders
- Administrators, LPA Receivers, insolvency practitioners and Trustees in Bankruptcy
- Landlords and Tenants
- Corporate & Private Investors
"Susannah has regularly demonstrated her detailed knowledge and understanding of legal technical issues and also applies a commercial approach to resolving problems. She has become an integral member of the team and she has gained the trust and confidence of colleagues and key stakeholders through the high quality of her works." – Natasha Barbar-Evans, Client Service Director at Lloyds Banking Group
- Secondment with RBS 2008-2009. Susannah took the role of relationship manager within the RBS Global Restructuring Group looking after a caseload of both trading and property companies each with a debt of up to £10m. The role required establishing the breach of a facility and reviewing tenders from, and then appointing the administrator/LPA receiver.
- Secondment with Lloyds Banking Group 2010-2011. Susannah's role was as legal counsel for the Corporate Real Estate Team (CRE) where she was responsible for explaining legal issues and outlining potential risks to the CRE teams across the country. This included approving external solicitors' reports on title, leases and agreements for large developments including those at Media City in Salford.
- Involved with the administration of several football clubs including Leeds United, and Portsmouth FC and took a leading role in the acquisition from administrators of Crystal Palace FC.
- Acting on behalf of PLC retail clients in set up of leases for new tenants at shopping centres.
- Responsible for creating pro-forma reports and managing teams of junior solicitors reporting to the Bank on cases involving 100+ properties.
Previous Law Firms:
- Walker Morris, Leeds
- Nelson & Co, Leeds
- College of Law, York: Legal Practice Course
- College of Law, York: Common Professional Exam
- University of Manchester: BA Economics Honours
Mainly Wednesdays and Fridays (and frequently Mondays) 9am to 4pm, weeknights after 7pm.