Our top five recommended reads this Festive Season
December 13, 2016
Dr Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
At this time of year, we’re getting more and more excited for Christmas – it’s also that time when friends and relatives ask ‘What would you like as a present?’
…Well, rather than risk another pair of socks, how about a good book to read over the festive period? Here are our favourites for this year:
1. Relentless, by Tim Grover. Grover is the international authority on sports performance and motivation and the coach behind the greats such as Michael Jordan. Here, he brings his wisdom to the business world.
2. Beyond Competitive Advantage, by Todd Zenger. This book gives ideas on how you can create sustainable value for your stakeholders.
3. This Essentialism, by Greg McKeown. McKeown forces us to think about what is essential and by doing so allows us to take control of our lives, achieve more and spend time on things that really matter.
4. Start Something that Matters, by Blake Mycoskie, (the founder of TOMS shoes) is a very special book. It shows how you can make a difference in the World through your business, whilst simultaneously loving what you do.
5. And our wild card is a book about hygge. Denmark is often said to be the happiest country in the world – that is down to one thing – hygge. The ‘Little Book of Hygge’, is written by Meik Wiking, the CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen. This book will help you to be more hygge. We love that word!!