Five Key Provisions Introduced by the Criminal Finances Act 2017
July 13, 2018
Hosted by Business Crime Partner, Richard Cannon
What does the introduction of the Criminal Finances Act 2017 mean for businesses?
This key legislation alters the financial crime landscape and will increasingly impact on business life. It includes a new corporate tax evasion offence, unexplained wealth orders, human rights abuses as a ground for seizing criminal property, powers for magistrates to forfeit cash in bank accounts and provisions to prevent suspicious transactions going ahead for up to 6 months.
In this webinar…
Richard covers the following aspects:
- Unexplained Wealth Orders;
- The new corporate offence of Failing to Prevent the Facilitation of Tax Evasion;
- Extension of moratorium periods post Suspicious Activity Reports to six months;
- New powers to freeze and seize funds in bank accounts by the Magistrates Courts; and
- Human rights abuses now a ground for property to be seized as the proceeds of crime.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this subject or any other business crime matters, contact Richard directly and he will be more than happy to help.
DD: +44 (0) 7973 406 702