Alistair has significant authority in advising AIM companies. He is a corporate partner. He advises on takeovers, mergers, acquisitions, disposals, the creation of corporate structures (including joint venturing and other forms of collaboration) and corporate governance issues. Alistair practiced in corporate law for over 29 years, with particular expertise in advising companies on their admission to AIM, including advising Nominated advisors and Brokers.
Alistair has advised both boards of directors and shareholders in relation to a number of high profile proxy battles, and regularly advises directors on their legal duties and liabilities. During the last 9 years he has been very active in advising clients in the renewable energy/cleantech sector.
- Medium to large corporates
- AIM listed companies
- Nominated financial advisors
- Advised on numerous AIM IPO’s including those of Equator Exploration (oil and gas exploration in coastal waters of West Africa); Titanium Resources (titanium mining in Sierra Leone); Advised on AIM admissions of Base Group Plc (by way of reverse takeover), Yujin International Shipping, and proposed admission of Tsar Emeralds.
- Advised Pathfinder Properties PLC on takeover of two OFEX companies together with concurrent hostile EGM resolutions to remove directors and on claims of conflict of interest brought by minority shareholder against the directors.
- Advised diamond mining company on pre-offer issues in advance of proposed takeover offer for an AIM company.
- Mediated disputes between executive and non-executive directors of UK PLC’s relating to executive remuneration policy and implementation.
- Advised on the £600m redevelopment of Wembley Stadium, including structuring the corporate group to undertake the project. Also advised on first tranche of funding (£120m) and acquisition of the stadium business from Wembley PLC.
- Led the legal team on the development and construction of the £250m Lowry Centre in Salford, including designing the corporate structure (subsequently adopted as the template for future Millennium Commission funded-projects).
- Advised major shareholder in Redbus Interhouse PLC on EGM resolutions to remove directors and on Takeover Code issues relating to undisclosed concert parties.
- Advised top 5 investment bank on internal review of the Bank’s governance and regulatory structures.
- Advised on $900m merger of UK and US insurance groups.
- Advised US Government Agency on set up and structuring of $2b clean water project in Western Africa.
- Advised UK Government on set up of Anglo-Indian Trade organisation.
Previous Law Firms
- Partner, Corporate, Bird and Bird (2005 – 2010)
- Partner, Corporate, Pinsent Masons (1992 – 2005)
- Solicitor, Durrant Piesse/Lovell White Durrant (1984 – 1992)
- University of Nottingham, LLB Hons
- College of Law Guildford