Andrew’s legal expertise, industry knowledge and commercial nous has been very helpful to us in the rapid expansion of our group
Interregional Sports Group
I worked with Andrew for well over 10 years and was always impressed by his dedication, integrity and ability to find practical solutions - all to deliver a first rate service for clients
Andrew’s pragmatic business advice continues to impress clients
Andrew is one of the UK’s leading sports lawyers and has considerable experience in the sports industry, having advised on a variety of sports law matters for over 20 years. His work includes advising on media rights deals, sponsorships, hosting/participation agreements and sports data exploitation. Andrew has acted for rights holders such as UEFA, The Football League, Premier Rugby, the NFL, World Snooker and the British Darts Organisation, as well as clubs such as Leeds United, Newcastle United, Manchester City and Liverpool.
In addition, Andrew has also advised companies involved in the wider sports industry on a range of commercial agreements. Clients have included Kitbag (online retail), Supponor (digital advertising replacement), Interregional Sports Group (sports rights agency), Ceefox Sports (sports advertising agency) ands AIG (sponsor). Andrew also has experience of advising on large scale commercial agreements such as outsourcing, joint ventures and supply/service contracts.
- Sports rights holders – governing bodies and clubs
- Sponsors and advertisers
- Technology companies in the sports sector
- Online retailers
- Premier Rugby – record breaking extended media rights deal with BT, highlights and live match agreement with Channel 5 and international broadcast agreement with RDA Associates. Agreements with Perform for production of match footage and live match data.
- The Football League – national radio tender and subsequent agreements with Talksport and BBC, local radio contracts and agreements between EFL Digital and clubs for websites, mobile apps and international live streaming services.
- Supponor – range of agreements in relation to its groundbreaking technology to digitally alter advertising boards in broadcasts of various La Liga and Serie A.
- Interregional Sports Group – acquisition of sports production company Skibbly Media and agreements in Italy and Spain for LED advertising, virtual advertising and broadcast sponsorships.
- NFL – broadcast agreement with Sky.
- Ceefox Sports – agreements with various clubs for club betting partnerships perimeter advertising.
- AIG – sponsorship agreement with Manchester United.
- Programme Master – publishing agreements with Manchester United and other clubs.
- Kitbag – outsourcing of online and offline retail operations by a number of Premier League clubs.
- British Darts Organisation – participation agreements for 2017 World Championships and broadcast and production agreements.
- Institute of Sales Management Limited – acted for outsourced business operations services provides. Various commercial agreements.
- Nena and Pasadena – investment by Kevin Pietersen in international clothing brand. Distribution agreements.
Previous Law Firms
- Couchmans, Partner/Consultant
- Addleshaw Goddard, Head of Sports Business Group
- DLA Piper, Head of Sports
- Newcastle United plc – Director of Legal Affairs/Company Secretary
- Sheffield University, BA Law
- Chester College of Law, Solicitors’ Finals