Colin is a commercial litigation solicitor with more than 25 years’ experience in a wide range of commercial and civil disputes, including contract, negligence, partnership and shareholder disputes, civil fraud and real property.
- Directors and entrepreneurs
- Overseas clients
- Defending the managing director of a recycling company in criminal proceedings brought by the Environment Agency alleging breaches of the EA permit.
- Representing one of three siblings in a long-running partnership dispute.
- Acting for directors in a claim alleging unfair prejudice.
- In the initial stages of the claim, advising Crockfords Casino in Ivey v Genting Casinos  UKSC 67.
- Acting for a financial director over claims of failing to give proper disclosure / concealment / misrepresentation of the true financial position of a substantial company when it was sold.
- Defending a company and its directors against claims by five of the largest UK brewers that a substantial proportion of its stainless-steel beer kegs had been converted to scrap metal.
- Acting for a company that was found to have trespassed on neighbouring land and was ordered to remove its plant and equipment.
- Acting for the defendant in Ministry of Defence v Country and Metropolitan Homes (Rissington) Limited  EWHC 2113 (an overage claim).
- Defending an individual against claims for breach of contract / fraud by a large conglomerate in India relating to a series of shipping transactions.