David is a Private Client Solicitor with over 18 years’ experience in private client services such as Wills and Estate Planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Probate, including cross-border Estates.
David specialises in advising business owners and high-net-worth individuals and their families on asset protection, succession planning, and taxation. Throughout his career, he has worked for a number of Legal 100 ranked firms in London and Manchester. David is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). As well as being a member for ‘STEP’, he has spoken on BBC local radio about private client issues and recorded a number of podcasts on issues for business owners.
- Private individuals and families
- High-net-worth individuals
- Business owners
- Company directors
- Executors and trustees
- Sports personalities
- Advising owners of family businesses regarding succession planning and asset protection including inheritance tax and personal tax aspects.
- Establishing and managing family trusts with assets including properties and company shares for families with high-value estates.
- Advising high-net-worth individuals on complex estates with multiple asset classes (including business and agricultural property) and complicated succession issues.
- Advising trustees and beneficiaries on their duties, rights, and powers.
- Administering complex probate estates, including those with international and/or contentious aspects.
- Advising families on generational wealth planning.
- Advising on and drafting pension death benefit trusts and life insurance trusts.
Previous Law Firms
- RJS Solicitors (Head of Private Client)
- Kuits Solicitors
- Russell-Cooke LLP
- Anglia Ruskin University, CPE and LPC
- University of Liverpool, History