I have worked with Frances over a number of years on several property projects. Frances is extremely knowledgeable and diligent in her approach, good at summarising the key points that I as the client have to make decisions on. Couldn’t recommend her enough. Frances is also a joy to work with.
Citygate Automotive Limited
Group Commercial Director
Frances is a great lawyer. She is commercial and detailed in her outlook. A safe pair of hands.
Former Senior Partner
Frances is an experienced commercial real estate lawyer dealing with a wide range of commercial real estate work for a broad client base ranging from: portfolio acquisitions and disposals, property portfolio management, commercial leasing – landlord and tenant, stock rationalisation schemes, development site acquisitions to securitisation of portfolios.
- Corporate entities
- Housing Associations
- Institutional Investors
- Private Investors
Housing Association and Charities
- The rationalisation of Viridian Housing’s tenanted stock consisting of 1,800 units for a consideration of £60 million.
- The disposal of Viridian Housing’s portfolio of tenanted properties in Surrey, its Suffolk portfolio and its North Warwickshire portfolio.
- The acquisition of the Carmelite Monastery site on behalf of Agudas Israel Housing Association.
- The acquisition of a site on behalf of Metropolitan Housing comprising 76 affordable housing units.
- The disposal of a portfolio of properties from London & Quadrant Housing Trust to William Sutton Housing Association.
- Acts for Citygate Automotive Limited on all of their commercial property dealings in London and throughout the UK.
- Acts for K2 Partnering Solutions Limited on various commercial real estate transactions.
- The disposal of a development site to Tesco for a consideration in excess of £25 million.
- The disposal of a portfolio of commercial units on Regent Street, London to The Crown Estate Commissioners.
- Advising developers Ballymore Properties Limited, Galliard Homes Limited and First Base Limited on their disposal of the affordable housing aspects of various residential development schemes and advising on “Help to Buy” Schemes and on the “New Buy Mortgage Indemnity Schemes”.
- Dealing with the due diligence aspects at the Greenwich Peninsula (formerly the Millennium Dome), Battersea Power Station and Nine Elms Vauxhall on behalf of Ballymore Properties Limited and Galliard Homes Limited.
- Preparing a tender to act on behalf of purchasers of 348 shared ownership and shared equity units at East Village E20 (the former Olympic site) and successfully winning this work. Subsequently working and supervising on the scheme.
- Advised Balfour Beatty PLC on various commercial real estate projects throughout the UK.
- Advised The Chartered Institute of Building on a number of commercial property dealings.
- Acted for The Society of British Aerospace Companies Limited on various projects, including work on the G50 Building at Farnborough Airport, Hampshire.
Previous Law Firms
- Berwin Leighton Paisner – LOD
- Partner, Howard Kennedy
- Senior Associate, Devonshires
- Solicitor, DAC Beachcroft
- University College London (LLM), (LLB)
- College of Law, London