Georgia Catarame is a dual-qualified commercial lawyer (Italian avvocato and English Solicitor) advising on English real estate transactions, both residential and commercial.
She has experience in agency, distribution, franchising, licensing/manufacturing and consultancy contracts, particularly in the fashion, luxury brands and food & beverage sectors.
Georgia is experienced in providing advice to foreign clients in relation to setting up their UK/Italian operations and project managing their international expansion through contracts and joint ventures. She also advices on establishing directly owned subsidiaries and branches to these clients.
She also has further experience in advising private clients and family offices in the acquisition or disposal of Italian top end and trophy high-value real estate. Her expertise in this area include: — cross-border inheritance issues with an emphasis on the complex interaction between the English conflict of laws system, the continental rules and the EU Succession Regulations.
- Clients in the fashion, luxury brands and food & beverage sector
- High net worth individuals and family offices
- Opening of clients flag ship stores in Central London which involved the acquisition of rental spaces in shopping centres and outlets such as Westfield, Bloomsbury and Bicester Village, providing real estate, corporate-commercial and employment advice.
- The purchase of the freehold interest in a Grade II listed building in Old Bond Street, London for an internationally renowned fashion brand.
- Advising Fashion designers on consultancy, licensing, manufacturing agreements in connection with the design and production of their collection
- Working with Italian wine producers to establish their distribution chains in the UK and internationally, agency and consultancy agreements and providing general commercial advice
- Supporting Professional tennis and football players in relation to
- their private and venture capital investments; and
- sponsorship agreements and other arrangements relating to the use of their image for commercial and non-profit projects
- Advising international investors in all phases of their acquisition of high-end property in Italy, both commercial and residential, including the renovation, fit-out, management and disposal of their investments
- Assisting one of the largest UK charities in relation to a cross border dispute regarding the testamentary legacy of an Italian estate between the charity and the deceased’s Italian family members.
- International private clients with their relocation to Italy under the recently introduced ‘res-non-dom’ Italian regime.
Italian Bar, Roll of Solicitors for England and Wales, Registered as a European Lawyer with Law Society, Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK, Business Club Italia
- November 2006 — QLTT Qualified lawyer transfer test, Milan
- October 2001 — Admitted to practise as Italian lawyer, Milan
- October 1997 — Law Degree — Milan Universita’ Statale, Milan