Irineia is a tri-lingual lawyer, qualified to practice law in Brazil and with UK Masters in comparative corporate law. Her professional experience has ranged from practicing in legal firms in São Paolo to managing a specialist department, as well as company secretarial and senior in-house positions.
Her role often involves legal advice to foreign investors on corporate transactions relating to Brazil and commercial contracts drafting and negotiation in English, Portuguese and Italian.
In conjunction with her legal skills, she has held management positions including supervising a company subsidiary in Argentina and acting as department head. In addition to specialties in Brazilian and UK laws she has managed the establishment of an Italian desk for a law firm.
Alongside her corporate career, she has sought to contribute to society more broadly through pro bono activity including developing the department for the assistance of Non-Profit Organisations for a Brazilian law firm, volunteering for a Non-Profit Organisation in New York and assisting a committee for the development of social projects to needy children in the City of São Paulo.
- Her legal practice involves principally advising Fortune 500 companies and equivalent on large domestic and international corporate transactions.
- Negotiated important contracts between “Tier 1” suppliers and automotive companies in Brazil which lead to the limitation of liabilities on the supplier’s side.
- Developed and coordinated a partnership project between the manufacturer of industrial robots for the automotive industry and its systems assemblers, by drafting the program regulation, training the team in relation to applicable legislation to create an additional channel.
- Developed the contractual policy and draft all relevant templates for the Brazilian subsidiary of an Italian services company – obtaining great results in relation to the company´s limitation of liabilities.
Previous Law Firms
- 2019 – 2020 – Legal Adviser, De Pinna Notaries LLP (London)
- 2017 – 2018 – Legal Counsel, Comau do Brasil/FCA -Fiat Chrysler Group (Brazil)
- 2011 – 2016 – Associate, KLA Lawyers (Brazil)
- 2007 – 2010 – Associate, Miguel Neto Lawyers (Brazil)
- Brazilian Bar Association (Sao Paulo) – Brazilian Lawyer – since 2003
- Postgraduate Course in Commercial Contracts – Faculdade Getulio Vargas – FGV (Brazil) – 2015
- Postgraduate Course in M&A in the US and Overseas – New York University – NYU (USA) – 2011
- LLM International Law – University of Westminster (UK) – 2006
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Santo Amaro (Brazil) – 2002