Jay has expertise in a wide range of commercial real estate matters, with a particular focus on the investment and development sectors. He is a highly capable and motivated individual, as well as an experienced negotiator. Jay works closely with his clients to understand their business thereby ensuring he delivers effective commercial solutions.
- Strategic land companies
- Residential and industrial developers
- Investment funds
- Family offices
- Social Housing Associations
- Private individuals
- Acting for a strategic land company in relation to the acquisition and disposal of land interests covering 100s of acres in the southeast of England.
- Acting for the asset management arm of a prominent insurance company with a combined asset value approaching £3.4 billion, with an annual rental income in excess of £118 million.
- Acting on the acquisition of various sites and joint venture arrangements with investment funds such as M&G and Scottish Widows in relation to award-winning industrial and logistical developments.
- Acting for a listed Singaporean developer on the purchase of several luxury mixed-use developments in London for a combined value of circa £1,000m including the purchase of a riverside estate for redevelopment into residential apartments for £85m. The entire deal was negotiated and exchanged within a 7-day period.
- Acting for a very prominent Israeli-based family office fund in relation to the acquisition, funding, and management of various Grade A commercial properties in the City with a combined value of several billion pounds.
- Acting for the property owner on a forward letting agreement for the development of a new UK head office for one of the largest cloud and hybrid hosting companies in the world at a rent of over £4m per annum.
Previous Law Firms
- Cannings Connolly — Partner (2020–22)
- Wedlake Bell LLP — Solicitor (2006–19)
- Maples Teesdale Solicitors — Trainee (2004–06)
- LPC: Distinction and GDL: Commendation — BPP Law School (2001–03)
- BSc Biochemistry: First Class Honours — Imperial College (1998–2001)