Lucille is a trusts and estates partner, with over 20 years’ specialist experience in the full range of private client services, from drafting wills, deeds of variation and inheritance tax planning, to advising on, creating and winding up trusts, preparing and registering powers of attorney, dealing with issues relating to care of the elderly. She is particularly expert in administering estates with a foreign element and advising on challenging wills and bringing and defending contested probate actions.
Lucille has also dealt with many entrepreneurial clients and has a special interest in small and medium-sized businesses. She completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising with Distinction, and is interested in constructively addressing the issues challenging businesses, with the aim of improving outcomes and stimulating more successful succession planning within the family business. She established the Family Business Group within gunnercooke, to bring together the skills of corporate lawyers, private client lawyers and mediators, all approaching the issues facing the family business from a different angle, with a view to providing a comprehensive and pragmatic service which is client-focused.
- Company directors
- Personal representatives
- Firms of solicitors
- International estates
- Acting for the executor in the early stages of the Clara Broadbent litigation, in which judgment was handed down by the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for clients with business and agricultural property, which need to be dealt with in relation to Wills and the administration of estates.
- Advising on the implications of the tax changes introduced in the budget as they affect interest in possession and accumulation and maintenance trusts.
- Acting for those with a special interest in advance directives.
- Resealing grants and extracting grants to the estates of those dying domiciled in Jersey, Sweden, Canada and other jurisdictions.
- Drafting deeds of variation to estates of those who died domiciled Poland, Switzerland and in other jurisdictions.
- Dealing with more complex probate matters, including extracting grants de bonis non and ad colligenda grants.
- Dealing with estates including property in Spain, France, Malaysia, the United States and other jurisdictions.
- Advising on trust matters and drafting ancillary documentation
- Advising on revocation of wills.
- Advising in relation to and preparing for inquests.
- Advising on and drafting pension benefit, spousal bypass and life assurance trusts.
- Advising on contesting wills and bringing and defending inheritance act claims on behalf of spouses, children and dependents.
Previous Law Firms
- George Davies
- tp private client – partner and head of department
- Member of STEP, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising Vulnerable Clients
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising (Distinction)
- University of Edinburgh – M.A. in French with Linguistics
- University of Bradford – M.A. in Interpreting and Translating, French and German
- Lucy Cavendish College, Cambridge – B.A. in Law