We really appreciated Mark’s professionalism and efficiency in dealing with our transaction. His expertise and responsiveness were second to none and we knew we were in a safe pair of hands. I would like to commend Mark and the rest of his team for an excellent job.
Client sources describe Whittaker as "knowledgeable" and "commercially minded."
Chambers & Partners
Mark is a talented corporate deal advisor and over the last 10 years has advised clients on buying, selling and investing in businesses both in the UK and across the globe. He has led corporate transactions for clients operating across a huge variety of industry sectors – from financial services, telecoms and IT to retail, FMCG and healthcare. Mark advises on acquisitions, disposals, private equity transactions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, investments, joint ventures, and shareholder issues. Mark has a desire to understand his client’s business and he is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that their business objectives are met.
- Advising management and Gresham private equity in connection with the £88m sale of market leading business process outsourcer IESA to Electrocomponents plc, a leading FTSE 250 distributor of electronics, engineering tools and consumables.
- Advising the members of Marriott Sinclair LLP on the sale of leading software business and assets to RPC Consulting LLP
- Advising international franchise business TaxAssist Accountants Limited in connection with an MBO supported by the investment of its franchisees, the first transaction of its kind in the UK
- Advising shareholders of Beam Group Ltd on sale to Newbury Investments Limited
- Advising leading graphene manufacturing business Cambridge Nanosystems Limited on the sale of a controlling stake in its business to Malaysian multinational FGV Global Ventures Bhd, together with the associated acquisition of a competing business in Norway
- Advising DCC Group plc on its £70m acquisition of BP’s LPG business across the UK and Benelux
- Advising management and Dunedin Capital Partners on the £60m sale of military bridge manufacturing specialist WFEL Limited to German defence contractors KMW GMBH
- Acting for a UK healthcare group on its acquisition of the business and assets of a rival importer and wholesaler of generic pharmaceutical products for £11m
- Acting for ECI Partners on its £50m investment in Fourth Hospitality Limited, the UK market leading SaaS provider of back-office systems to the hospitality sector
- Acting for the Dansk Supermarked Group in respect of the sale of the Netto UK discount grocery chain to Wal-Mart for £778m
- Acting as a part of a multi-disciplinary advisory team to main market listed Cattles plc in respect of its £200m rights issue and proposed acquisition of a retail banking business and subsequent £70m disposal of its subsidiary invoice financing business
- Advising Northern Foods plc on the disposal of its speciality breads, cakes, chilled pastry and flour milling businesses to a French private equity house for £160m
- £70m acquisition by AIM listed Hargreaves plc of Maltby Colliery in South Yorkshire, the first acquisition of a working deep mine since privatisation of the coal industry
Previous Law Firms
- Walker Morris
- Pinsent Masons LLP
- Ashton KCJ
- Taylor Nelson Sofres
- Secondments to Tesco Plc, Unilever Plc
- University of Nottingham (LLB)
- Surrey European Management School (MSc)
- College of Law (Chester) LPC