Milena is a Registered European Lawyer in England and Wales and a Portuguese qualified lawyer with combined experience working in private practice and in-house.
She advises individuals and private companies both in the UK and overseas on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters.
Milena also has experience in acting for buyers or sellers in private company share and business sales and transfer of ongoing business. As she worked for several years as an in-house Counsel and advised many Company Boards, Milena has a very hands-on approach to management and a real insight into the kind of practical legal advice which companies management need. She enjoys learning about their business, understanding their needs and aims, advising on a range of legal matters affecting their business and helping them to successfully reach their goals.
- SME owners, directors and employees;
- Private clients.
- Working with individuals and private companies and their owners, both in the UK and overseas, advising on the structuring of acquisitions and sales of shares and assets, transfer of ongoing businesses and providing legal due diligence on corporate transactions within private equity, venture capital and mergers and acquisitions;
- As an In-House Counsel, working closely with the Board of Directors and key shareholders of the “Obrecol Group” (a construction and engineering company) and its subsidiaries on a broad range of corporate and governance matters;
- Drafting and negotiating, following up and closing-out main construction contracts with net values between £1m to £50m, sub-contracts, commercial contracts, performance bonds and parent company guarantees.
Previous Law Firms
- Cubism Law (Consultant)
- Nabas International Lawyers (Consultant)
- New Laws Legal (Senior Lawyer)
- Obrecol Group (In House Counsel)
Professional Qualifications – Memberships and Business Associations
- Registered European Lawyer (REL) in England and Wales – Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- Qualified Portuguese Lawyer – Portuguese Bar Association, Lisbon, Portugal
- Member of the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK
- University Degree in Law, from the Faculty of Law, Lisbon, Portugal