Neil is an experienced senior projects lawyer with a track record of success in the delivery of new public sector infrastructures. His main areas of expertise are projects, infrastructure, public private partnerships (PPP), which include Private Finance Initiative (PFI) models. In addition, Neil has worked on service and construction contracts, as well as public procurement.
He is a knowledgeable project manager and transaction closer, who is very flexible and adaptable to suit client needs. With his excellent communication skills, Neil builds lasting relationships with ease, and has a strong reputation for delivering in difficult situations.
Neil has good commercial contracting and corporate support experience, and is currently a consultant practice developer / professional support lawyer.
- Working as a junior lawyer on secondment to the Department of Health Private Finance Unit for a year to review and authorise business cases and to develop standardised approaches to contracts for major acute hospital, community hospital, managed equipment service and other PFI projects in the health sector.
- Leading from inception to successful financial close a batch of street lighting PFI projects in England (typical lifetime value each £150M to £200M+) and establishing a dominant market position as lawyers of choice to local authorities in that sector. • Preparing drafts of a key, novel and complicated principal sub-contract on the Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority huge multi-site PFI project valued at over £3B+
- Investigating the scope for a PPP practice in Russia and Kazakhstan when seconded to an alliance law firm in Moscow for a year (including UK Trade & Investment and British Embassy links, speaking engagements at conferences and seminars and working with the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Team of Specialists on PPP to promote PPP structures in emerging markets).
- Being the day to day consultant lead lawyer for two longstanding local authority client waste management PFI projects, arranging central government approval from Defra and closing out the Barnsley/Doncaster/Rotherham scheme and locking down the Wakefield scheme commercial terms in readiness for financial close and acting as point of contact and experienced manager of junior lawyers across many disciplines.
- Advising on and being the lead lawyer (no external assistance) for Liverpool City Council on their highways and street cleansing term maintenance PPP contracts to achieve significant savings, progressing the Strategic Housing Delivery Partner project for new build housing in Liverpool towards financial close and advising executive directors on various procurement and commercial contracts strategic issues between 2012 and 2014: total contracts value £700M+
- Working as a consultant to novate a spread of customer contracts worldwide for Rolls-Royce plc on the sale of their industrial aero-derivative gas turbine engine business to Siemens AG for £985M in December 2014.
- Writing a projects lawyer training programme to upskill over a hundred projects lawyers in an international law firm and implement a key project management methodology toolkit to improve efficiency and profitability when conducting projects/infrastructure transactions.
Previous Law Firms
- Associate, Senior Associate, and Partner – Pinsent Masons LLP
- Solicitor and Associate – Walker Morris Solicitors
- Assistant Solicitor – Pinsent Curtis Solicitors
- Trainee Solicitor – Eversheds
Current Consultancy Roles
Previous Consultancy Roles
- Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- London Borough of Enfield
- Liverpool City Council
- Walker Morris Solicitors
- WRG Limited
- Neil Tindall Legal Services Limited
- Bristol of Northumbria at Newcastle (LPC)
- Leeds Metropolitan University – Common Professional Examination
- Loughborough University of Technology – 1st Class Honours and Winner of the Royal Aeronautical Society Prize,
- Bachelor of Technology (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering and Design