In recent years Peter has been praised for his “technical” ability and has been described as a “key figure” of the team.
Peter is an experienced insolvency and commercial litigation lawyer, who displays integrity, technical expertise and commercial acumen.Peter regularly acts in a broad range of litigation including professional negligence, intellectual property, shareholder disputes, insolvency litigation and contractual disputes. Peter also acts frequently in corporate recovery transactions, particularly pre-packaged sales out of Administration.
Peter will always look at the commercial objectives of his clients and, where possible, seek to resolve disputes in a way that minimizes the client’s costs, risk and management time. Where this is not possible, Peter is more than happy to roll with the punches and conduct litigation with tenacity and aggression.
- SMEs involved in commercial disputes of all kinds;
- Lenders with claims against their professional advisors or who wish to protect their position in distressed situations;
- Insolvency Practitioners engaged in claims against Directors and third parties or who would like advice on their duties and powers;
- Insolvency Practitioners and purchasers in corporate recovery transactions.
- Acting for secured lenders in a number of high-value professional negligence claims against valuers and solicitors;
- Acting in a high-value contractual dispute, in which our client was awarded more at Trial than it had offered to accept before the claim was issued, which meant that our client was also awarded enhanced interest and enhanced costs;
- Acting in significant passing off and trademark infringement litigation;
- Acting for high-profile figures in the sports industry;
- Acting in numerous sales of businesses out of Administration, which have secured thousands of jobs, across a range of sectors, including professional services, engineering, facilities management, waste management and retail.
Previous Law Firms
- Taylors Solicitors, Manchester
- Linder Myers LLP, Manchester
- Shammah Nicholls LLP
- Non-executive Director, Continental Textiles (Group) Limited
- College of Law, Chester (PgDL, LPC)
- Sheffield University (BSc, Accounting and Financial Management)
- Manchester Grammar School