Renée is an Australian qualified Solicitor with litigation and transactional experience gained at legal practices in both London and Sydney across a number of areas of law; including intellectual property, employment, contracts, international energy arbitration and public inquiry. In addition to this, Renée has held operations management roles in the digital media industry at Yahoo!7 and iClick Interactive, providing her with a unique business perspective.
- Shareholders and directors;
- High net worth Individuals;
- Entrepreneurs, start-ups, and other SME companies.
- Acting on behalf of the claimants in a £130 million claim regarding conspiracy, fraudulent misrepresentation, duress, undue influence, intimidation, extortion under colour of due process, unlawful interference with economic interest and relief under Section 140B of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Acting on behalf of a media defendant in a claim regarding use of name and a breach of contract.
- Acting on behalf of a hospitality claimant in a matter regarding misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off
- Acting on behalf of the claimant seeking an oppression remedy in a matter regarding an ASX listed company and a director’s and shareholder’s dispute.
- Acting on behalf of the defendant in High Court proceedings regarding restrictive covenant, team move which resulted in a successful settlement.
International Energy Arbitration:
- Acting on behalf of the defendant in a £1 billion claim in an international energy arbitration regarding a dispute in the calculation of damages and loss of earnings.
- Assisted Sir Thayne Forbes and supporting counsel in the oral hearings and report phase for the Al-Sweady Public Inquiry investigating in the treatment of Iraq War detainees in 2004.
Previous Law Firms
- Slaughter and May, London
- Kemp Little LLP, London
- Al Sweady Public Inquiry, London
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Sydney
- Aequitas Lawyers, Sydney
- iClick Interactive Asia, London
- YAHOO!7, Sydney
- Solicitor (Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia)
- University of Technology, Sydney (Juris Doctor, Law)
- University of Technology, Sydney (B. Interior Architecture)