Simon is respected by his peers and clients alike as being a ‘first-class solicitor; he has tenacity and huge experience of criminal fraud cases, particularly bribery and competition cases, where he has a real expertise’
Legal 500 2019
Simon’s clients note that he is ‘a huge asset to any legal team – he is extremely good with clients and takes the time and trouble to understand where they are coming from’. (Legal 500 2019, Financial Crime).
Legal 500 2019
Simon is an established business crime specialist who combines modern and dynamic problem-solving with an approachable manner to his clients.
Simon operates the full range of business crime-related matters, including:
- Corporate and Individual fraud
- Competition Law
- Criminal Tax Investigations
- FCA Regulation
- Internal Investigations
Simon receives instructions from corporates, individuals and politically sensitive and high net worth figures both domestically and abroad.
- Conducting a full internal investigation for suspected director fraud in a large multi-national company.
- Instructed in one of the most complex criminal tax investigations conducted by HMRC, concerning a high-profile accountant to celebrities.
- Representing a member of a UAE royal family in a politically sensitive private prosecution matter.
- Instructed in a Russian oligarch related fraud matter where billions were alleged to have been siphoned away.
- Forming precedent for application of criminal fraud definitions to those in positions of power of attorney.
- Advising a group of prominent hedge fund managers on FCA compliance on a transaction by transaction basis.
- Instructed in one of the largest civil cartel related competition matters to date for a national timber conglomerate.
Previous Law Firms
- Birketts LLP
- Blackfords LLP
- Shaw Graham Kersh Solicitors
- Inns of Court School of Law; BVC
- City University; GDL
- Queen Mary, University of London; Politics BA (Hons)