Tim Scorer is an "easy to deal with, incisive and hugely experienced aviation practitioner”, whose background as a pilot also enables him to offer clients top-notch technical expertise.
“He impresses his peers with “a very realistic and affable approach as well as good client instincts”.”
Tim is a highly experienced Aviation lawyer specialising in claims and disputes arising from the broad aviation industry, especially in the General Aviation arena.
He has over 43 years’ experience representing and advising aircraft owners and operators, pilots, manufacturers, airfields and airports, registration and regulatory agencies and association and representative bodies. Having been a private pilot licence holder for over 48 years, and an owner of light aircraft, he is able to bring a high degree of technical knowledge and experience to his work. He undertakes advocacy, representing clients in criminal and regulatory tribunals as well as at inquests in fatal accident cases.
Tim is a Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (MRAeS), as well as legal adviser to several General Aviation associations.
He is a Director of the British Business & General Aviation Association, by whom he was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2020.
He has provided lectures, tutorials and seminars for clients, associations and groups on aviation law and practice, both nationally and internationally.
- Aircraft owners, operators and pilots pursuing and defending disputes and claims.
- Pilots and aircraft owners requiring sale and purchase agreements, and joint ownership or other operational agreements.
- Individuals and companies facing regulatory investigations and prosecutions by the CAA.
- Airfield and Airport operators with their Terms and conditions of use, hangarage agreements, and service contracts.
- Aircraft manufacturers facing liability claims and requiring Terms of Business.
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair organisations in disputes with customers.
- Individuals and companies in aviation as to legal liabilities and insurance cover.
- Insurers on the handling and resolution of claims against their Insureds and as well as policy interpretation.
- Representing a major aircraft finance house in a recovery from insurers of £20 million losses.
- Defending an aircraft manufacturer included as one of seven defendants in a £2.8 million claim arising from a double fatal air accident with serious injury to a minor passenger.
- Representing an Airshow Flying Display Director in a major accident investigation and preparation for the ultimate inquests into 11 deaths.
- Defending in the Crown Court an aircraft engineer charged with fraud and misrepresentation of aircraft maintenance data.
- Representing at the inquest the Estate of a Deceased helicopter pilot who crashed in central London.
- Representing a major international airport operator on liabilities arising from baggage security screening and handling.
- Presentations on legal liabilities and international Conventions to the legal team of an airport in the Far East and at an Air Law Conference in Istanbul.
“A Guide to General Aviation Claims Handling” ISBN 978-0-9563269-0-4
“It contains a wealth of information about the world of General Aviation… presented in a clear and comprehensive way.” – The Rt.Hon. Lord Saville.
Previous Law Firms
- Kennedys Law LLP (2014 – 2021)
- Ince & Co (2007 – 2012)
- Thomas Cooper & Stibbard (2002 – 2007)
- DLA Piper (1997 – 2002)
- Jarvis & Bannister (1992 – 1997)
- Barlow, Lyde & Gilbert (1978 – 1992)
- Royal Aeronautical Society
- Honourable Company of Air Pilots
- Repton School (1954 – 1958)
- College of Law (1958 – 1963)