Vincent has over 25 years’ experience of handling aviation and transport matters including aviation liability and commercial disputes, regulatory matters as an advisor to airlines and aviation trade bodies, advising on all aspects of aviation finance, aviation commercial and aviation insurance.
In recent years, Vincent has been advising clients on new green technology including electric aircraft, drones and emissions compliance. Vincent has been an aviation partner in major international law firms and has practised in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE.
- Vincent advises aviation and transport clients including airlines, trade bodies, aviation insurers, aircraft lessors, private jet and general aviation and new technology emissions-compliant aviation companies. Vincent is admitted in two jurisdictions (England and Wales/ Hong Kong)
- Vincent’s contentious aviation insurance liability instructions have been received via insurance brokers (e g, Marsh, Aon, Willis, HSBC, JLT etc) and Lloyds Underwriters (e g, USAIG, LRA (France), Allianz, AIG, ACE, Catlin, Global etc), on behalf of airline Assured clients to deal with all aspects of liability claims and include Assured such as Delta, Emirates, Etihad, KLM, ST Aerospace, Singapore Technologies, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Virgin, Virgin Express, United Airlines, Easyjet, Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Air France, BA, BMI, Brittania, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qantas, Sabena, Airtours, Air Canada. Vincent has also acted directly in contentious matters for many of the world’s airlines.
- On the regulatory side, Vincent has advised in various working groups for airline industry associations such as ERA-European Regional Airlines Association (approximately 120 member airlines), ELFAA (12 of the European Low-Cost Airlines) Bar UK (96 foreign airlines having a base in the UK) Baltic Air Charter Association (140 Private jet companies, private jet brokers, helicopters, heliports, airports)
- On the aviation finance matters, Vincent has advised on numerous transactions including acting for airlines and aviation lessors and banks including direct instructions from Aercap and SMBC.
- Vincent’s significant reported contentious cases have included acting for United, Delta and Continental Airlines and their insurers, USAIG in the DVT Group Litigation in the English Court of Appeal and House of Lords in Re Deep Vein Thrombosis and Air Group Litigation  EWCA Civ 1005,  QB 234, affd  UKHL 72,  1 AC 495. In the UAE Vincent has advised on several important matters up to Court of Cassation which has been reported in UAE legal commentaries
- Vincent has also historically dealt with major aviation disaster and loss work included passenger and cargo claims arising from airline disasters such as the total loss incidents at British Midland Kegworth, Thai Airways Kathmandu and Thai Airways Surat Thani.
- Vincent has also dealt with several enforcement disputes arising from aircraft lease agreements for clients Aercap and SMBC (and historical clients: British Aerospace, Lombard and ATR), and he has recovered aircraft for lessors in several jurisdictions worldwide through court process, most recently recovering three aircraft in UAE, Afghanistan and KSA and one further aircraft in UAE Vincent has latterly advised major clients with UAE presence such as Aercap, SMBC, Dnata, Delta, Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai, Gulf Air, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Lufthansa Cargo, Cathay Pacific, China Eastern Airlines, Air Arabia, Royal Jordanian and has acted as correspondent lawyer for several international law firms and several industry bodies.
- Vincent advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, aircraft finance sale, purchasing and leasing, aviation corporate and commercial, and aviation regulation together with advice for private jet and general aviation business and new technology electric aircraft
- Enforcement and recovery actions for three aircraft in three Middle East jurisdictions on behalf of Lessor client.
- Cross jurisdictional advice on Dangerous Goods Regulations for a major international client.
- Advice in relation to the operation of drones in UAE for a major international client.
- Advice in connection with sale and leaseback and local opinion advice on several transactions for aircraft finance clients.
- Advice for several major Middle East airlines in connection with aviation liability claims throughout the region.
- Continuing advice in relation to all aspects of a major ongoing aviation infrastructure project in UAE
- Continuing advice in relation to major cross-jurisdictional infrastructure and future transport project involving personal air transport and drone technology
Previous Law Firms
- Al Tamimi and Company
- Stephenson Harwood
- DLA Piper Rudnick LLP
- Beaumont and Son
- Roberson Double and Lee
- William Prior and Co (latterly DLA)
Education and Admission
- 1985 — Bachelor of Laws LLB (Hons), University of Southampton
- 1989 — College of Law Guildford, Law Society Final Examination
- 1991 — Solicitor in England & Wales
- 1995 — Solicitor in Hong Kong