Alex qualified as a corporate and commercial solicitor in 2018.
His expertise is primarily centered around assisting clients on corporate transactional matters, such as company and business acquisitions and disposals (including management buyouts and buy-in-management-buyouts), group restructuring, investments and debt finance.
Alex is also regularly instructed in respect of share option schemes (including CSOP and EMI), shareholders’ agreements, cross-option agreements, articles of association and security documentation, as well as general company procedure, company incorporations, and Companies House filing.
Alex prides himself on a pro-active and enthusiastic approach in order to provide clients with a high level of service.
- Owner-managed businesses
- UK subsidiaries
- Investors and investee companies
- Company directors
- High-net-worth individuals
- Acting for selling shareholders on £7.5m share sale of North-Wales based holiday letting agent
- Acting for sole shareholder on group restructuring and subsequent £4m MBO of Liverpool-based construction and shop-fitting company
- Acting for exiting member of Cheshire-based LLP specialising in acquisition and development of rural land, for £3.5m
- Acting for the management team on £3m MBO of large North Wales-based telecoms company
- Acting for exiting shareholders on £3m share sale of electronics distributor to an international buyer
- Advising Manchester-based technology company on £1m+ private equity investment
- Advising on a £1m donation to a Cheshire based football club
- Assisting on the two-year acquisition trail for UK subsidiary of European group turning over in excess of $3.7bn.
Previous Law Firms
- Jolliffe & Co LLP, Chester (Trainee Solicitor: 2016–18, Solicitor: 2018–21)
- 2015–16, The University of Law (Chester), LPC: Distinction
- 2014–15, The University of Law (Chester), GDL: Distinction
- 2011–14, Newcastle University, BA History, and Politics: First Class Honours