Navigating the complex world of Competition and Antitrust law.
Our specialist Competition & Antitrust team helps clients identify and deal with the risks associated with competition law, helping to avoid issues upfront and advising on investigations when they occur.
gunnercooke’s Competition & Antitrust team acts for companies in antitrust proceedings before courts, competition authorities and sectoral regulators in the UK, the EU and other jurisdictions. They have extensive experience in behavioural cases, merger control reviews, market studies and investigations, competition litigation, and complex compliance matters.
We act for defendants and complainants on contentious issues worldwide. We also advise on a wide range of other antitrust matters, including commercial agreements, pricing (especially by companies with strong market positions), distribution, licensing and supply agreements. We also help clients to establish and maintain compliance programmes.
Recent Notable Cases
- Acting for a party in the CMA’s market investigation into mobile radio network services
- Representing a streaming platform in the CMA’s market study of music and streaming services
- Representing parties in the CMA’s market study into mobile ecosystems
- Advising a range of organisations – from fashion brands to professional institutes – on antitrust compliance
- Advising a defendant in two standalone abuse of dominance claims before the Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Advising a party in a European Commission investigation in the payments sector
- Advising digital service providers regarding the EU Digital Markets Act and forthcoming UK regime for platforms with ‘strategic market status’
Our Competition & Antitrust work includes:
- Investigations by the CMA and the European Commission into mergers, unilateral conduct, and restrictive agreements.
- Strategic advice as global counsel, working on cases involving investigation in multiple jurisdictions.
- Supporting companies in respect of antitrust litigation before the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Training, advice and audits to ensure compliance with competition law.
- Advising on emergent competition regulation, including the UK’s forthcoming regulation of platforms with ‘strategic market status’.